Lots of views but no sales

Had lots of views and lovely comments on the forum but so far I’ve had no sales of my items. Im not sure if it was my postage prices putting people off though.

I have now lowered the postage on the smaller items and removed it completely for the large bath bar I make. However for the bath bar I have had to increase the price as postage is expensive for this item.

If anyone has any feedback it would be really appreciated, maybe something obvious I’ve not done right or whether people think the items are too expensive?

Thank you

Chris

https://folksy.com/shops/csbespoke

2 Likes

Hi Chris, it can be disheartening when things dont progress the way you planned but stay positive and sales will come. I have no experience with these type of products and cant advise on price but you could offer engraving, personalise the items (you’ve probably already thought of that).

Best of luck.

2 Likes

I have a feeling that you’ve not been on Folksy for a huge length of time. There is nothing wrong with your items and the prices seem reasonable to me, so keep promoting on social media and I’m sure you will make some sales. I particularly like your bath bar and can’t remember having seen anything similar, so I’m sure it will sell!

Sam x

2 Likes

Online sales is something very new to me! Literally started last week. Just got a little worried😊.

Thank you for your replies! I would like to do some engraving at some point this year. The hardware can be a little expensive though. Just got to save up for it.

1 Like

When it comes to buying tools, I have increased my collection gradually over the years, only buying when I discovered I needed something. That way I have not ended up with anything I don’t use, so it’s a good rule of thumb for me. If you think you really need a tool, it will always pay for itself down the track!

Sam x

1 Like

Hi @csbespoke don’t worry about no sales yet! I’ve been on Folksy for quite a few years now and last Christmas was my best yet! I also like the bath bar and if I was shopping for something like that, I would also be happy to pay postage - but that’s just my opinion! Cheers, Amanda AKA Bowerbirddesigns

1 Like

Get promoting, use twitter, Pinterest, IG, anything to get you seen. Drop you shop links everywhere.

1 Like

I believe the ratio of views to sales is about 100 views = 1 sale. Lovely things you make, just need to get your name out there by Promotion anywhereyou can. xx

1 Like

I opted for a slightly higher price but no postage. The postage can be expensive so wouldn’t want to put people off.
Just trying different ideas to see what feedback I get😊