Made in the East Midlands

Sparkling Drusy Pendant x

Hi Karen, your work is exquisite though, you deserve success.
Yes the seasons start so early donā€™t they. Easter eggs are in the shops now

1 Like

Aww thanks - thatā€™s really kind. Likewise - your polymer clay pendants are gorgeous. I bought a book with the idea of making my own beads and even the basics totally baffled me and your work is so intricate, Iā€™m in awe :grinning:

Thatā€™s my pleasure and thank you for your kind words.
The polymer clay is fiddly but I enjoy it. My trouble is I have so many things on the go as I keep changing my mind what to make :slight_smile:ļø

You should see my workspace at this exact moment - 2 completed necklaces and beads enough for 2 more necklaces, 3 pairs of earrings and 4 bracelets. Iā€™m reaching over the pile to type this :wink:

1 Like

A pair of earrings x

2 Likes

Hello everyone & Happy New Year to you all! Hope you all have a fabulous Christmas & New year celebrations.

Iā€™m still getting sorted since coming back from Scotland & starting back to work will take me a wee while to catch up.

@silvertreejewellerydesign Karen thank you so much for letting me know about the bracelet & earrings was thinking about it for a Christmas present 2017 (I know i plan ahead ,big family & lots of Dec birthdays) for my Step-Mumā€¦i know sheā€™d really like it but i have to wait for abit as weā€™ve just had to get a new TV, old one has died on us. Just spot the other 2 lovey blue & aqua bracelets in your shop too, sheā€™d love themā€¦ohhh so many choices! How long is you sale on for lovely?

Thinking ahead to Valentines & Mothers Day and sharing this cute wee Love magnetā€¦

2 Likes

Happy New year Jac - hope you had a great break.

Good luck finding a new telly - I dread ours going as my husband is determined to get one even bigger. He bought the one weā€™ve got before I moved in - itā€™s too big for me and Iā€™d prefer one smaller but I fear it will be a battle of wills :wink:

Iā€™ll probably keep the sale going until the end of January, so youā€™ve time yet. Just to confuse you more I made a new necklace yesterday in teal and emerald green - it matches earrings already in my shop. Turquoise and green are my favourite colours so despite trying not to, I do favour them :grinning:

1 Like

Hi Karen,

Had a fabulous time thank you, i just adore Scotland would happily move there tomorrow if i could! :smile: Hope you had a good break too.

Weā€™ve now got the TV but it was a tad painful. Surprising hubby was looking for the same size or next size downā€¦i think it was cos the work we did last time channelling out the wall for electrics, plastering & mounting TV on wall that put him off going for a bigger size but i had been half expecting him to want a bigger one. But he did go with getting add on extra like sound bars, etc (more clutter in the living room!). But the trawling round the shops with spotty wee shop assistants about the age of 12 all adding their 2 pence worth in was painful. But it been delivered nowā€¦so looking forward to the joys of putting on the wall and setting it up this weekendā€¦i think i might just go and hide for the day thatā€™s until iā€™m needed to clear all the mess & chaos he will have left in his wake! :wink:

Okey dokey fabulous that gives me time to decide & work out what pennies i have leftā€¦but yep more confused which one to get her they are defiantly all her colours too along with purpleā€¦so many pretty choices!!! :heart_eyes: xXx

1 Like

Spiral earrings x
https://folksy.com/items/6951772-Faceted-Pink-and-Silver-Spiral-Earrings-

3 Likes

Sheā€™s obviously a peacock lady like me - although I donā€™t wear purple, but fuchsia pink instead :grinning: Our TV/DVD/Sky set-up is so complicated I have to have instructions, even after 9 years! Keith is such a geek and likes to experiment - good thing is though that when our Sky box crashed last week, Keith just replaced the hard drive at Ā£50 instead of the whole box at over Ā£150.00 - and weā€™ve got 4 times more storage space now. I tell myself how lucky I am when the technology defeats me :wink:

1 Like

These are really pretty Jo - such lovely colours :grinning:

1 Like

Hi Karen, thank you :grinning:
Can I just ask, does the pic looked blurred? x

Hiya!

The spiral and bottom crystals are sharp and in focus - the top crystals are softer but youā€™ll never get the whole thing sharp and the eye only focuses on the sharp bits :grinning: Crystal is a beast to photograph - I still struggle 10 years on - a pain because of the amount I use in the bridal collection - and my husband teaches product photography as part of the business and I get to use some better than average kit. Iā€™ve bought a new backdrop and will be re-shooting the entire bridal collection soon - who knows if Iā€™ll finally solve the problem :smirk:

1 Like

Itā€™s January but donā€™t be blue a special treat we have for you,
10% off just for you enter the code NOTSOBLUE

Cheeky Monkey Studio

2 Likes

Lolā€¦yep Karen sheā€™s defiantly a peacock lady too!

This technology murlarky is great tell you have to use it :wink: ā€¦your Keith is a very handy guy to have about, thatā€™s impressive & a huge saving with replacing the hard drive on your sky box!

I knew what i was doing roughly with our old set up but Iā€™m still getting use to the swapping the DVD/Set top box set up that hubby replaced in the summer ( he loves his gadgets too) ā€¦i kinda of go with pressing all the buttons until something works but heck now iā€™ve got a new TV to learn too! I always feel like iā€™m working at NASA trying to launch the space shuttle everytime i just want to turn the telly on! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: x

2 Likes

Thanks Karen, photography is not my strong point so thatā€™s appreciated :grinning:
Have you got a permanent backdrop set up then or do you just put it together when you need it? x

Morning Jo

I know a lot of people make an item, photograph it then list it, but I make in batches - Iā€™ve made 12 new pieces over Christmas/New Year and then photograph them. Thatā€™s because I donā€™t have room for a permanent studio set up - I basically clear the chest of drawers thatā€™s next to my desk. I use a plastic flexible sheet for the backdrop - and for the bridal stuff Iā€™m trying a new backdrop of handmade paper with flowers embedded in it - a tripod and, because I have help when I get into trouble - a fancy flashgun fitted to my camera, which is a Canon 100d.

If Iā€™ doing lots of shots I shoot with the camera tethered to my Mac, so I can see what Iā€™m doing and make adjustments as I go along (my eyesightā€™s terrible and I canā€™t always focus through the eyepiece :nerd_face:). I also shoot things in batches - so all of the bracelets, all of the necklaces etc - that way I donā€™t have to move the camera about to much. Also, because I use flash, so camera shake isnā€™t an issue, I can shoot handheld and get as close in as the lens focus will allow me.

Keith teaches product photography to companies and as well as all the usual tips and tricks he also teaches work flow - which is about getting consistent looking images in the shortest possible time. Thatā€™s another reason I photograph in batches, so I get the same ā€˜lookā€™ to my images all the while.

I also use Photoshop to process them and I have a process I use there too. Still curse over the Swarovski Crystal though - itā€™s just too darn sparkly, which is of course what makes it so beautiful :smirk:

If you - or anyone else has any questions let me know, if I canā€™t answer them I can ask the boss :grinning:

1 Like

Thank you so much Karen @silvertreejewellerydesign for pinning my Mum magnet on the board most appreciated :smile:

Hereā€™s another wee one to matchā€¦

2 Likes

Hi fellow East-Midlanders. I donā€™t seem to be keeping up with this thread as often as Iā€™d like - I need more hours in the day! :pensive: These are my two newest listings. Iā€™m going to go back through the thread now and pop a few things on my Fabulous Folksy finds board.

2 Likes