Malware Spam email from Resimac

Hi All

Just thought I’d make you aware of something I’ve received by email today. I’m not sure if they’ve got my email address from here or Ebay (I only use it here and on Ebay).

It’s from a company called Resimac and supposedly from a Steve McDonnell.
Apparently I have two outstanding invoices with them that they are now demanding payment on. They ‘attach’ the invoices (which I haven’t opened)

I’ve never heard of this person or this company so I googled Resimac and it’s a known piece of malware spam. i.e. if you open the attachment it will run a macro which then infects your computer and sends a message out to everyone in your contacts list .

If you receive any email from a Steve McDonnell asking for payment of an invoice… just delete it from your mailbox and again from your deleted items…

:relaxed:

2 Likes

Thanks for the heads up, I’m sure we will all be hearing from them in the near future (unfortunately).

The Steve McDonnell also does another one where it says he’s opened a case with ebay for an item not received that I was supposed to have sent him.

Since I havn’t sold on ebay for over 3 years I knew it wasn’t a real ebay email and I knew I’d not sold anything to Steve McDonnell so I forwarded it to spoof@ebay.co.uk

So yes please beware everyone don’t open any links.

2 Likes

Thanks for the info

Thanks for sharing @Dayzee :relaxed:

Karen

That’s good to know, thanks!