Mammogram recall - just need to offload really

Loving the red, hope the chemo went ok x

2 Likes

Thank you, ladies.
I really am grateful to have so much support, and it’s what will get me through this xx

First chemo session yesterday morning, and it went okay.
I lost all bravado when I woke up in the morning, and the canula going in was emotional, but it was over within two hours.

I felt fine, but knew I was treading water until the side effects kicked in, which they did that evening.
Nausea, wooziness…vomiting.
I put off getting up this morning as I dreaded sitting up, but today has been much better so far, and I even managed a post office run :slight_smile:
But this evening bring self injecting with what looks like a very large syringe, and I’m dreading it!

Sarah xx

5 Likes

Thinking of you, love the red pirate look

1 Like

Thinking of you Sarah.xxx

1 Like

You are doing amazingly :slight_smile: One chemo session down! Sending you a massive virtual hug.
We are all here cheering you on from the sidelines xxx

2 Likes

Well done Sarah, just catching up with your thread, sending you a massive hug…
I had cancer of the womb and it had gone into the cervix, I had 25 radiotherapy’s plus 24 hrs one inside a chamber but no chemo, it is all such a big journey and you just go on it, the worse bit was telling my hubby on the phone while he was working in Nigeria, 4 days after the hysterecomy that it was cancer, then telling the kids when I got home…but it was 19yrs ago…
Sending love and healing thoughts to you xxx

8 Likes

Famous last words, but five days after chemo, if I ignore the fatigue and hospital taste in my mouth I’m beginning to feel much more normal!

12 Likes

Great. Welcome back to (near) normality! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello Sarah
Just to say Julie&Adrian are still thinking of you
Has to be the Pirate look, and dont forget the Parrot!
Best Wishes:

2 Likes

Hope you are coping and feeling as well as is possible, Sarah. Sending positive thoughts and best wishes. Lucy x

2 Likes

Hope you’re feeling ok :slight_smile: xxx

1 Like

Hi Sarah, well done you! The first chemo is scary as you don’t know how it’s going to hit you so well done for getting through it. I made a ‘chemo countdown’ where I crossed off each day and could slowly see the end in sight. I began painting again during chemo as it took my mind off things and I am sure your crafting is helping you too. Stay strong, it’s hard, i know but each day is a step closer to the end. Big :hugs: hug. Jackie xx

3 Likes

Hello!
Well, it’s been a while since I updated and I can finally see the end in sight!
Chemo has been tough, although not as tough as I expected it to be, and my hair disappeared after the second session.
But I am now four sessions done, two to go, with the fifth on Monday, and my hair is already growing back!
Then I start four weeks of radiation in September.

I consider myself lucky to be going through this during the long hot summer rather than the depths of winter, and bald definitely has an advantage in the heat!
I haven’t bothered with wigs, and instead use hairbands and scarves as they just feel more me.

Thank you so much for all the support and good wishes as it means a lot - and ladies, keep checking your breasts!

Sarah xx

28 Likes

Hi Sarah, Good to hear you are coping so well with your treatment, onwards and upwards as they say. You are looking great and your positive attitude is inspiring.

1 Like

Lovely to hear from you Sarah, pleased you’re coping ok, chemo can be so tough. Lovely the look, great to see you so positive. xxx

1 Like

Thanks for updating us! Take a day at a time and make the most of it. Time will fly quicker this way. It’s good to see you are coping well. You have a lovely smile!! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wonderful to see you smiling and very positive! Hx

1 Like

It’s lovely to hear you’re coping so well and your positive outlook is truly inspirational. xx

1 Like

Thank you for updating us. It’s good to hear you are coping with the treatment. That’s a lovely pic of you

1 Like

Lovely pic Sarah, thanks for sharing :slight_smile:
Well done for toughing it out this far, almost there ! :))

1 Like