My 'catalogue' of vintage fabric plus Copywrite query - opinion please

Hi so folks I am gradually listing ALL my Vintage fabrics as options in my shops.

As I am a Plus Seller I am going to have all my options in here so my Folksy shop becomes a catalogue of my fabrics - it just takes TOO much time tailoring replies like " what vintage flower power fabrics have you got in blue" so I can just point them here!

NOW I have this old Disney / Bambi / Thumper fabric that would be great as a lampshade so I have listed it - I haven’t mentioned Disney / Bambi / Thumper in title/description/tags so what are your view ref copywrite ?

Hidden from sale right now

THANKS

Avoid Disney listings like the plague! They are very hot on the copyright business.

1 Like

It’s a vintage fabric dating I’d say to the 50s 60s no license statement with selvedge information, before that was even a ‘thing’ I think but yes probably too grey an area to bother with THANKS

1 Like

My pleasure! I’m very wary of any fabric (or cross-stitch motif, even though I design all my own) that might breech copyright. Years ago I was warned about Thomas the Tank Engine, although the motif was entirely my own, and the only similarity was that the engine was blue. Flower Fairies and Beatrix Potter are two more examples.

Your post inspired me to look at your shop. I adore your funky little mice!

I did the same as @XStitcherJoss :blush: I pinned some of your great lamps to my Promote Folksy board on Pinterest too :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Thanks ! most kind of you x

Thankyou! xxx have a great weekend