Paypal of card

Do fellow folksy find sales better from paypal or card? currently becoming disheartened, I have alot of views etc but not buyers! sob sob.
Thanks

2 Likes

Sales are slow across the board so probably nothing to do with whether you offer card or paypal. I think it is just a waiting game but hopefully things will pick up in the run up to Christmas. Good luck.

1 Like

@ChipnPinCrafts This year I’ve had quite a lot through PayPal, with probably about 1/4 Stripe sales.
I would agree with @Fififoxi though. Summer is often a slow time for a lot of sellers (people using all spare money on holidays and to entertain children in the summer break), and this year seems to be even worse than normal (on all sites) with a lot of people being extra cautious about spending because of worries of rising costs.

Try not to get too disheartened. Remember that even some people who have been selling for many years are finding it slow right now. You’re also a brand new shop, and it often takes new shops a few months to start getting sales as it can take people time to discover your shop.

Slow times aren’t always bad though, they can give you time to prepare, make new items and make sure your listings are at their best for the busier times. A lot of sellers find the couple of months before Christmas pick up, because even if buyers are saving money, they still have to buy cards and gifts for Christmas presents, and your items look like they could be easily giftable.

Before thinking about Christmas though, you’ve got cases, and now would be the perfect time to advertise pencil cases as back to school items. For any of your cases that seem suitable to fit in pens and other school things, I would put “pencil case” in the title rather than just “case”. Also make sure you put “pencil case” in the tags… and for all tags that are multi word, make sure you put in the spaces. Folksy tags don’t work the same as Instagram hashtags, so if you just put “pencilcase”, that isn’t going to come up in someone’s search for a “pencil case”. You could also maybe add things like “back to school” or “school gifts” on the tags for those.

Then we get on to Christmas. Although it’s months away and people don’t want Christmas being advertised to them this early, a lot of long time sellers will be thinking about Halloween and Christmas now, because it’s quiet and the perfect time to prepare, and because you do get some extremely organised people who start doing their Christmas shopping super early!
You might have seen Folksy mention about being on Press Loft to get more press coverage as well. It’s important to remember that print press will be working quite far in advance, and the magazines will often be sorting their Christmas issues out about 4 months in advance, which means sellers that have their Christmas items listed early (even if they’re not actively promoting them) will have more chance of being included in that sort of Christmas press than those that wait until a couple of months before to list.

2 Likes

Thank you so much for your feedback, the tag suggestion is brilliant and I didnt know this so thats super helpful thank you, its good to know that summer hols are a downtime so my time will be used for making christmas items, thank you, loved the suggestion of renaming the pouched for pencil case, sometimes feel that i get carried away and forget just a simple actual description is the best, so thank you again, you’ve been very helpful giving pointer as I am totally new to this side of things. Many thanks.

3 Likes

It can take a bit of time to get the hang of this side of things, but hopefully posting here in the forums will help speed that up for you as there can be a lot of good advice around here :slight_smile:

I hope it helps and that your sales start to pick up soon.

2 Likes