Pinterest - repin thread (old)

Hi Folks. I’ve been doing a little bit of research into the recent Pinterest changes (anyone else’s reach fallen through the floor?!) A lot of is it Greek to me, but one thing I did find is that Pinterest apparently like you to repin - where you add someone else’s pin to your board directly within Pinterest. Makes sense as they obviously want people to be using their platform & searching for things within Pinterest - it is a search engine after all!

So…I wondered if anyone would like to try a new pinning thread? But instead of finding an item in someone’s Folksy shop & pinning it from here, we would go to that person’s Pinterest page & repin one of their Folksy items into a relevant board on your page.

I’m not sure how well I’ve explained that & should also point out that I have no idea if this will work, but I figured anything is worth a shot!!

Feel free to pop a comment below with your Pinterest link (preferably the board with all your Folksy items!) & I’ll go & do some repinning over the weekend. I’m thinking to try it for a week or two & see if it makes any difference to reach. If it works then perhaps we could turn it into one of the ‘pin from the shop above you’ threads?

What do you think? Let me know if you have any queries!
Here’s my board to get things started…

6 Likes

I really don’t use social media right now but I do still have pinterest that I drop in and out of.
I share things from within pinterest and usually pin direct from Folksy… will give this a go and see if it changes anything for you.

I have repinned these items from your board

You can find them on this board, though I don’t have many followers or anything like that :slight_smile:

I don’t have a board just with my own items in it at the moment, though a few are on that board.
Hopefully others will come along who might have this work a bit better :slight_smile:

Yvonne x

3 Likes

Morning Dee this is a good idea to try. I will go through the boards shown at the weekend and repin some items. Here’s my board

3 Likes

Thanks both! I’ve pinned a few items from both of your boards (managed to pick out your items Yvonne!) into a couple of new boards - one for cards & stationery, & another for hand knitted gifts.

Yes Yvonne, that’s what I’ve always done - just click the ‘pin’ button on the Folksy listing, so I’m really interested to see if it makes any difference doing it this way…I hope so! :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

I shall be interested to see if this works better. I’m slightly baffled by pinterest, to tell the truth. I get confused between my personal page and my Business page, and where the boards are.
For instance, can anyone else see this board or is it private?

Just clicking the button on Folksy is nice and easy. I shall try to get my head round it if this is better.

5 Likes

Thanks Helen, I have given you a follow & pinned a couple of your gorgeous paintings! I find it all a bit confusing too, but I’m determined to figure it out. Pinterest is basically a search engine like google, but just for images, so of all the promotion platforms this should be the easiest to use, as you don’t need to be that sociable (something I struggle with on FB & IG!!)

Yes - that board is public! I only have a business account, so not totally sure, but if you’re using a laptop / pc then when you log in you should see your avatar in the top right corner, which should show you which account you’re in. On your page, you’ll have a ‘created’ tab which is all the pins you’ve added, & ‘saved’ which should show you all your boards. If you hover over one of the boards you should see the little pencil icon to edit, click on that & there is an option to make it private or public.

I agree, clicking the button on the item is much easier but I was just interested to see if this makes any difference…my views have dropped off so much that anything is worth a try!

2 Likes

Hi.
I struggle with all social media, but by far a just do not understand pinterest. However willing to give it a go.
I have no idea whether I have even managed to copy the link to my board properly :crazy_face: but here goes.

If I’ve done it right there should be something like 57 pins on the board. :crossed_fingers:

6 Likes

Oh I’m with you - it’s such hard work! Hopefully if we can collectively crack Pinterest though then that’s one less to worry about!
I’ve pinned a few of your gorgeous items into a new silver jewellery board…a good one for me to set up as I have a couple of my own things to add too :slight_smile:

If there’s anything in particular you’re stuck on or confused with then just ask - I’m more than happy to share my (limited) knowledge :grin:

4 Likes

Thank you.
Your pieces are stunning and so intricate.
I’ll keep plugging away with social media & will shout out when I need help. :slightly_frowning_face:

4 Likes

This is a great idea Dee! I’ve only just set up a business Pinterest account so this is perfect. I’ve followed everyone above and pinned to my Folksy Finds. I like the scheduling function for adding pins. It helps spread them out. Now to find the perfect time to add them to Pinterest!

4 Likes

Many thanks for the help! I have visited all the the boards here, pinned a few things, and Followed each.

What I probably ought to do is set up one board to put in everything of my own, in my Business page then there’s just one place to direct people to. Would that be sensible?

Edited…

I have tidied up my Business page so it’s more obvious what is my own work, and what is not.

and I’m going to make sure I pin ‘as my business’.

3 Likes

I am going to join in too but I think first I need to make a business pinterest account as I am just using my personal one and it’s probably not ideal. Is there any advice anywhere about this because it is a bit of a mystery to me? I shall try the Folksy blog!

4 Likes

I’ll give it a go. But I don’t understand Pinterest either so it may be a complete disaster. I’ll try tomorrow & let you know.

4 Likes

Great idea! I will do some pinning from everyone’s board. Here’s my link

6 Likes

I think this is my link to a board I have made on my business account. So far I have 6 pins and no followers but it is a start! I will go and follow all of you and start doing some pinning too!

6 Likes

This may be a silly question… but when I repin, do I do that with my business account or my personal account? Do I want my business account just to be stuff I am selling? And do I follow other people as a business or as a person?

Sorry if I am being dim!

1 Like

I had really built my Pinterest views up but they are definitely dropping off again.
I’ll do some pinning of others to my Buy it on Folksy or Handmade Gifts board.
Here’s the link my Pinterest page :blush:

5 Likes

I’ve been through and repinned several pins from each board. Hope it helps. Will call back later in the week to see if any others have posted.
Thank you everyone.

2 Likes

I’m wondering the same, @kirsty. At the moment all my ‘other people’s things’ boards are in my business page but i don’t know if that’s helpful. It makes it more difficult for people to find my own stuff. Hmm.

3 Likes

At the moment the things I have liked are in my page and I have just started the business page… I was going to follow all your business pages but then I wondered if it looks better if you are followed and repined by a person or a business… it’s all a bit confusing!

2 Likes