Post a pic and the name of your pet

Awww, what a cute thread! We’re absolutely bonkers about animals and have four beautiful rescue dogs.

Daisy who is 8 and Beth who is 9 (the inspiration for our shop name)

Fred and Molly, who are 12 and a half year old twins

5 Likes

What characters! Always love a dog sporting a bandana.
Gary wants to know what breed Fred and Molly are, those wonderful faces are certainly linocut material :smile:

1 Like

We don’t really know. Fred’s almost twice as big as Molly so they’re definitely a total mixture. We’re fairly sure they have a good dose of Patterdale terrier, especially Molly. That’s what I love about crossbreeds, you never get two the same :smiley:

Here’s 2 of my rescue guinea pigs I look after Dave and Norman

This is DeeDee, she loves flying and watching other birdies out of the window

3 Likes

My springer Denis with his little fangirl who shares his basket without asking his permission :smile:

My old pussycat, Tabitha, used to like watching birdies too, and would natter at them when they passed! She wasn’t a very clever pussycat, and we were always very careful to keep the upstairs windows closed, just in case… :wink:

1 Like

This is Belle, a rescue we have had for the past 4 years. She is something else. I swear she knows what we are talking about and when she wants something she just points with her head. Love her to bits.

2 Likes

Emily (who is really a boy we found out by surprise) she is hand reared and a bit of a diva but she feels a little jealous since little pixie baby came along!

3 Likes

Bobble, world’s most expensive sheep after he required emergency bladder surgery a year ago. Three days later after surgery still hadn’t got up, had an emergency vet out on a Sunday morning, with me in bits because I thought he would have to be put to sleep. As soon as she arrived he got up, had a wee, started butting the manger and she said “doesn’t he look well!” That little escapade added significantly to the final bill! But I still love him He’s a North Ronaldsay :slight_smile:

6 Likes

he is very handsome isnt he, does he how do I say it -Work?

He’d like to but he’s castrated! I don’t have the room to breed unfortunately so I take on animals from the rare breed programme who don’t quite make the grade for breeding stock. He’s now got two girlfriends who are from the same place but now retired from lambing. He still gives it a go though! :smiley:

2 Likes

Let me introduce Dudley and Bo, my little papillons. They are my perfect “10”

3 Likes

Now they are a gorgeous twosome, love the rich copper on Dudley’s head :smile:

Sorry should have written Bo and Dudley. Bo is my lovely red Phalene (moth)(dropped ears) and Dudley is my beautiful sable papillon (butterfly) (erect ears). Both are classed as the same breed Papillon, though most breeders believe the Phalene was the original and named Continental Toy spaniel. Love them both too bits.

They just got even cuter with Phalene and Papillon titles :smile:

This is my big boy Chobe, he is a Dalmatian Collie cross. Some call this mix a Dollie. The gentle giant of my furry family.

5 Likes

This is Maiya (or tubbsy as she is known at the mo) enjoying the heat in the green house. I’ll post another pic when the kittens get here.

4 Likes

This handsome boy is my chocolate point Birman cat Merlyn. He is 7 years old and as you can see loves his comfort. Merlyn can always be found on our bed and is only happy when we get up so that he can stretch out.

1 Like

Hi, this is my 9 year old yorky Ben sadly I lost him recently to cancer and missing him so much. I discovered he had cancer by taking him to the vets as he had what I thought was wax in his left ear which turned out to be an infected tumour. After having the tumour removed and being referred to the Lea Hurst Animal Hospital near Chester his cancer was too aggressive and spread to other areas and chemo did not work despite the Oncology team at Lea Hurst trying everything. Ben never showed any signs of being ill, even after chemo and 250 mile round trips in the car for his treatment he would try and jump over my five foot fence. Cancer is more common in dogs than I ever imagined so please regularly check your dogs ears and check for lumps and bumps, I wouldn’t want you to go through what we went through.

Carole x

4 Likes