Private commission

I’ve made this as a commission for a friend and it’s a present so it won’t be appearing in my shop or my social media at the moment anyway but I’m so pleased with it I just wanted to show you :slight_smile:

In case you can’t guess it’s called Potbank Sunset. Very much a Staffordshire piece.

19 Likes

Lovely! Yes very Staffordshire related.

1 Like

I love it. Made me think of the potteries straightaway.

1 Like

Yes recognised the bottle kilns straight away. We had them here in North Devon once appon a time. One still stands in our town centre .

1 Like

That’s lovely Joy. x

1 Like

Wonderful!

1 Like

I love it, perfect potteries piece x

1 Like

Thanks all.The friend I’ve made it for has already suggested it might be well be a pretty popular design round here … but I will be charging a little more than the Mate’s Rate price I’m charging this time.

Hello Joy,
Your work is always beautiful.
Adrian

Thank you
xxx

I’ve made another. Liked the first one so much, and I see it all the time as my friend hasn’t collected it yet and it’s hanging in my living room window, that I decided I would add it to my shop here so I did.

I’m calling it Potbank Skyline and I’m now wondering what other skylines lend themselves to being made into a stained glass picture. I could have a series !
Cotton Mills, Row of houses …

1 Like

@JOYSofGLASS, I think you have to Joy!

Isn’t it interesting the way industrial or urban scenes can become works of art? Or the inspiration for art? I look at buildings a lot, I love them, especially textile mills and Brutalist buildings. One of my fave shops here is James Green printworks, I love his Sheffield scenes.

1 Like

Just showed my husband your new piece Joy because he likes buildings even more than I, and he spotted the lovely cross in your shop. That’s the Christmas shopping begun :sweat_smile:!

Thank you very much for that. Didn’t know it was you until I just saw this
:slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s beautiful!