Problem uploading photos

The image uploading issue should be fixed now, although the site is still slow and struggling in places. We’re still working on getting it back up to speed.

We’re really sorry this happened. We would normally be automatically notified about service issues like this but for some reason that system didn’t work this time. Again we’re trying to work out why and put a fix in place.

If you ever spot service-critical issues like this over the weekend, please could you email urgent@folksy.co.uk as an extra backup?

3 Likes

I think it’s ok now. Just uploaded the photos for my 3 new pieces which I’d stuck in draft last night and listed them and all ok.

2 Likes

Doug has just posted this update which explains a bit more about what’s been happening on the site.

7 Likes

Thanks folksy for fixing the problem xx

I’m glad it’s sorted, I’ve just added a couple of things I popped in draft yesterday, I also managed to get a bit of extra painting done, an extra coffee and a couple of choccy biscuits :slight_smile:
These things happen, glad it’s fixed, thanks Doug :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m pleased the problem is now fixed. I have been able to list successfully a few moments ago! Thank you.:blush:

Many thanks for being broken, I have cleaned and tidied my house and crafting stuff for a change :blush::blush::blush:

8 Likes

And that is the down side of technology sometimes it goes wrong.

Glad it’s fixed now thanks folksy :grin:

Rather patronising, I have to say, or else you did not understand my point. I was lamenting not a technical fault but rather the lack of response to it when one occurred. And no, it’s not fixed yet, and yes I am still annoyed. Giving up and going home now to celebrate my husband’s birthday - have a good evening everyone.

And the moral of the story is, don’t leave things to the last minute, you never know what can happen :open_mouth:

2 Likes

Or… if you are getting stressed by your crafting, take a deep breath and reach for a duster. Which reminds me, I’m getting stressed by the dust. Off to find the Pledge :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Just tried to add a new listing and got photo load error. Tried on a couple of listings / pictures but won’t work.
I’ve emailed urgent@folksy.co.uk as unless this is fixed there’s going to be a lot of shouting on here over the weekend.

@JOYSofGLASS
Hi Joy, just wanted to confirm it’s not just you - I get photo load error too.

Still having problems this morning I get the error message @Folksyadmin, any news to update on please

I have problems too …just tried again …Had to list somewhere else x

Me too! Can’t upload photos and the front page is not displaying some photos either. Hope it gets fixed soon, it doesn’t encourage visitors to browse if they can’t see photos! @Folksyadmin

Have emailed details to the email address @folksycontent gave at the earlier instance. I’m trying to change my banner to take off my spring sale discount details as it finished yesterday…

1 Like

Sorry, only loosely connected but when I click through to view Doug’s post about the earlier problem I get a domain status expired message? So I wasn’t able to look at that first!

I have emailed the “urgent” address too - hopefully if they get enough emails they will get actioned :slight_smile: …and I was so proud of myself for having something new to list too!

1 Like

I’ve just tried to list new items but I’m getting the photo error message as well…oh! bother