Folksy Ltd

Recycled and Ethical Makes

(Lesley Bywater) #101

These cowls are made from upcycled jumpers

Lesley :slight_smile:

(Catherine Marsh) #102

All my cards are printed on 100% recycled card and never include any plastic wrapping or unnecessary packaging
So here’s an ethical valentine’s card for you to celebrate the great outdoors!

(Sara Smith) #103

I have used recycled teabags for the collage on this piece

(PetraBradleyPrints) #104

An old washed out Swedish tablecloth pouch

(TreeofCraftyDelights) #105

My little terrace street scene is made from reclaimed wood and rusty nails…

(Julia K Walton) #106

My latest hand hooked wall decoration is a mask-like caricature, and features numerous recycled textiles…

(Minerva) #107

Cotton scarf for men…

(Kuriology) #108

Recycled - Yep, tick that box.
Nearly ‘all’ Kuriology creations are made primarily from recycled or re-purposed materials

Ethical -Yep, tick that box too!
Many of Kuriology creations are ‘faux taxidermy’. That is they are artificial replicas of species of animal. Sort of Vegetarian taxidermy (like vegan sausages?). Began creating such on the basis of traditional museum papier - mâché & plaster exhibit display sculptures. (*Accept we try not to use plaster due to horrendous CO2 footprint created in making gypsum/plaster/concrete).

We tend to make ‘Darker Art’ creations.
The sort of things that might turn up in a ‘Cabinet of Curiosities’ or Harry P’s ‘Borgin & Burkes’. Victorian Gothic Horror, etc.

Easier if I show you.

NB; Most of the above are already SOLD. (…or listed somewhere else)

Likewise Kuriology avoid where possible plastics (unless recycled) & polymer clays.
We use PVA glue (hangs head in shame), but varnish using traditional shellac dissolved in alcohol.

(Samantha Stanley) #109

I am totally loving your fish sculptures. The mackerel is particularly good in my view.

Sam x

(Claire Woodhead) #110

https://folksy.com/items/7229721-Recycled-Yarn-Folk-Art-Tea-Cosy-and-Mug-Set-Rustic-Chicken-and-Heart-Set

(Kuriology) #111

Thank you very much Sam…

*Lots & lots of fish sculptures made recently (Mainly created during a mega Christmas DVD box set viewing binge).
I like to create/make whilst watching films. Creating occupies my hands as I tend to fidget a lot.

(Julia K Walton) #112

Most of my work includes some repurposed textiles, such as this piece.

(Mel) #113

Two charity shop finds combined here, some unused vintage fabric and a duvet cover - plus an bit of leather offcut from my grandma’s old stash :blush:

(PetraBradleyPrints) #114

Just squeezed these last two out of my charity shop bag full of off cuts!

(HannahsBabyBibs) #115

I have been making upcycled baby bibs from Marvel comic bed covers.

(PetraBradleyPrints) #116

Old tablecloths bags

(Minerva) #117

Men’s scarf in cotton.

(Tina Martin) #118

My new baby boy card printed on 100% recycled card & envelope;
https://folksy.com/items/7128588-Eco-Friendly-Card-New-Baby-Boy-World

(Minerva) #119

Decorative scarf in 100% cotton.