Relaunching my Folksy shop

It’s been a difficult couple of years for all of us, but on top of that I had several periods of non-Covid illness, which severely limited my mobility. I’m getting back on my feet now, literally!, and getting back into my studio. I’ve neglected the shop and everything expired.

Given the financial situation, I’ve decided to concentrate on Affordable Art, which for me means nothing over £50. I’m gradually relisting the items that meet this criterion, just including a couple above that price as ‘tasters’

So, if you have the time and the inclination, please have a look at the refurbished premises and let me know what you think.

I made the most of my forced physical inactivity, though. I managed to get a couple of short stories published in anthologies now available on Amazon, and I am putting the final touches to a novel, which I hope will also be published this year. If that falls through, I may try self-publishing, in which case I might be reaching out for a cover design…

12 Likes

I’ve only been here for just over a year so I’m still figuring things out but as far as I can see your shop looks fabulous, I love how colourful your work is too, good luck with your new shop. :blush:

1 Like

Welcome back,
I don’t remember when you were originally on Folksy but the search algorithm was changed last year so it would be worth rereading the blog articles on writing descriptions to make sure that you are still following best practice to make sure you are found. The major change was that titles are now much more important in search ranking so it is worth having your key phrase in the title (that might be something like ‘vibrant monoprint’ as well as the title of the piece). Here’s the relevant article if you fancy some reading with a cuppa (it was updated after the changes to the algorithm).

3 Likes

Hello Ian

Just looking at your shop, love your colour choices. Just what we need on these dreary February days. I have been a year also, finding my feet and learning a lot.

good luck with your shop.:slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve just started relisting on Folksy too - I have changed the name of the business to encompass more diversity inmy current work, so starting from scratch really. I’ve been so grateful for the help of other members when I had queries and impressed with the speed the admin replies!
Lots of hard work - wishing you every success.
(NB my shop is https://folksy.com/shops/charlescottage) Hope you will take a look

1 Like

Welcome back :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks for the heads-up on those changes. The problem for me is that optimising for search inside a site like Folksy is so different to optimising SEO on a freestanding website. I’ll certainly have a look. I think I’ll have to dig out the thesaurus for my titles!

EDIT - I’ve just started reading. I’m glad I did, because I hadn’t realised the importance of the title. Changing four titles, I can cope with. Changing 40 would have been a bit of a drag, given the need to make each one unique.

2 Likes

Welcome back, I love your prints and the shop is looking great. Looking forward to seeing more of your work in the future.

Best of luck with your relaunch, your work has the warmth and vibrancy much needed at this time of year :orange_heart: