Sending as a gift

ooh, i have one of them! an address book made from ye olde paper.

but i should probably stop referring to it as my “stalkers notebook”

1 Like

if i eeeeeever get round to finishing Gibby’s satchel, i will need to email you a form (with your permission , of course) where you sign a consent granting me permission to send you an unsolicited free gift in the post.

ps, he is always welcome to send me his special pictures 'n juices :joy:

1 Like

Well it was pretty safe as nobody knew I had it in the drawer until I just announced it on here… got a lot of drawers though… :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Is it ok to send her the initial email asking permission to send the initial email as well as the other offerings or do we all have to develop ESP ?

PS The even bigger question then would be of course is… if anyone has ESP is that in itself an invasion of privacy … what if someone can read into my mind (don’t even go there, you would be even more confused by what you found there than me !)
:slight_smile:

3 Likes

Here is an article you might be interested in, Joy. The rules are changing on 25th May this year owing to new EU legislation.

My interpretation is that sellers on Folksy will still be able to enclose the identity of the purchaser with a gift, but it would be better to have express consent to do this. I would send an e-mail asking the customer if they wanted to.

A better option would be for Folksy listings to have a tick-box “This item is a gift and I would like to include a gift note with my name on it.” for customers to use. @Folksyadmin might want to have a look at that.

I still think actual prosecutions and fines as a result of this would still be unlikely, because the new law will state that the “impact on the victim” will determine whether or not there would be a fine. I’m not convinced that the customer in this case would regard themselves as a victim at all.

Sam x

Thanks Samantha

It is all about a common sense interpretation of course… and the comments on the FB post I saw were anything but that…
Really if one main objection could be that the sender might be stalking by sending unexpected gifts… then they would surely say no if you asked if they wanted their name including which would almost make you a party to the stalking :slight_smile:
I think I will happily carry on as normal … I am not a What If sort of person
:slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: …and I’m pretty sure that whoever devised these rules didn’t intend it to apply to the sort of ‘gift’ packages I, and probably everyone else on here, send out
xx

1 Like

I agree. The most important part about the new rules (which are not in force yet anyway) is that the Information Commissioner is responsible for enforcing them (not the courts) and therefore I don’t expect she will be interested in clogging up her inbox with our shops!

Sam x

1 Like