Share your High Fives!

Buzzing today as I woke to find I’d sold a bee-print lavender bundle! It has made my day! :smiley:

4 Likes

Hi all!

I’ve only recently activated my shop on Folksy and already am sharing a couple of high fives today, as I’ve just taken my first two Folksy orders to the post office, and both sales were items that were featured on the Made in the Midlands Gift Guide, so very thankful to be included!

Maker Happy Dance!

Lynn

2 Likes

Had my first sale since 2016, and been added to the made in the Midlands collection, a happy bunny :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I set myself the goal of reaching 75 folksy sales by this year end, and have smashed the target with 90 sales so far, and with a few more days to go. Looking forward to my 100th! Going to sit down this afternoon with a cup of tea and pencil in next year’s aims. Good to have a goal to work to.
Thank you to everyone who has got me this far xx

6 Likes

I have hit the 10 sales mark now and really happy. I am almost at the 50 listings mark as well not long and i will be there ha ha

4 Likes

I’m celebrating getting my first feedback on Folksy - all my customers to date have been guest buyers so were unable to leave any feedback. Lovely Harriet from @BirnbeckDesign bought some earrings & she’s left me such a fab review - I’m chuffed :grinning:

Feedback from buyer BirnbeckDesign

Rating:positive

Comment:Love these earrings so much. They are beautiful and I’ve been wearing them since they arrived! Denise has a great Folksy shop with lighting quick delivery and is a pleasure to buy from. Her products are different to anything else I’ve seen and look beautiful on. I will definitely be coming back!

4 Likes

After just 1 sale this year in January I suddenly get 4 this week to make it my best ever April.

7 Likes

Well done Marie @MadeintheTemple your items are lovely. I know because I have one of your gorgeous purses. :smiley:

1 Like

Thank you Lynn x

1 Like

Ive just made my first sale!!! I am over the moon, my Everlasting Flowers sold within a day of being listed, now to make some more!

7 Likes

I had my first returning customer today! So happy!

5 Likes

Hi I am now a monthly columnist for be creative with Workbox and I gave folksy a shout out in my first one x hope to write a bit more about folksy at a later date x

6 Likes

I’ve been working hard stocking my shop & have just made it to page 2!! :smile:

4 Likes

We have a great new pop up space in York for 3 weeks. Just coming to the end of week 2, and it’s looking good, with fellow Folksy shopkeepers @PetraBradleyPrints @jobagshawjewellery and @BoyneWh
Thanks to Blank Canvas York and The York conservation Trust for making this possible.

3 Likes

I CANNOT BELIEVE IT…

After what seems like eternity I made my first sale on Folksy and hopefully many more to come.

What drew me to Folksy was that it was a UK platform and that it has a real sense of community… (now I have looked and read hundreds of posts).

It is nice to see so many people chatting and sharing ideas.

I want to share my first sale with you all as I am ever so excited, I would love some feedback too if there is anything wrong on my page or if you have any advice to share or just maybe I am missing a certain style in my decals. Love to hear your thoughts XXX @folksy
https://folksy.com/items/7261516-Furniture-Wood-Decal-Vintage-Image-Transfer-Antique-Sleeping-Unicorn-Diy

3 Likes

Would love you to share any advice and well done for reaching your goals :slight_smile:

Tanya, if only I knew, I would market it!
For me, Instagram works. I promote continually, both there and less frequently here on Folksy. I read the forums and contribute when I can.
I take all the advice folksy give about description, tags, photos. Always tweaking my tags.
I am totally realistic, and know I am a very small knitter in a massive world. Somehow my customers find me, but I don’t have any special formula. Promote, and promote some more. There is a thread here titled something like - if you could share one tip with new sellers, what would it be, makes good reading.
Congratulations on your 1st sale, hope you have many many more, Suzzie x

1 Like

I’m in this months Sew Magazine as the Children’s Dressmaker Of The Year!!! Still to make my first sale though :frowning:

6 Likes

Congratulations on the magazine achievement.
To make Folksy work you have to do a lot of promoting on social media to get your Folksy shop seen and drive customers to it. I looked on your Facebook page and could not see any mention of it, only your ‘other’ shop.
If you don’t tell people you are here, they won’t come…
I spend a lot tof time promoting mine on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest & Instagram.

Kim
x

Thank you Kim x