Sharing 'favourites' lists (is it possible?)

Hi Everybody,
I have a ‘liked’/ ‘favourites’ list of items I want from other shops and based on looking at the items in my listings people have ‘favourited’ my items but I can’t find any way to share my list of ‘favourited’ items (my personal list that is, I’m anticipating being asked what I would like for christmas in the near future). Is it possible to let people know about your wish list (to use amazon’s phraseology) and thus get them shopping on Folksy? I might have missed something obvious (as happens regularly) but I haven’t figured out how to do it and if I haven’t figured out how to do it I’m sure there are plenty more people out there who haven’t. I have previously done a lot of shopping with Amazon because it is sooo easy to find other people’s wish list and get stuff sent to them so having a similar thing here might really give us a boost.
Thanks
Sasha

Don’t think there is any way of doing it on Folksy as such but I believe that you can add items from other websites to your Amazon wish list - it doesn’t just have to contain Amazon items. Cant remember off the top of my head how to do it but I think its just a case of adding the URL of the item you want or something similar.

edit: just been over to Amazon and if you look at the drop down menu under wish list you can select add from any website. I think you have to install a button into your browser so when you see something you want on another website you just hit the button to add it to your list.

2 Likes

Hi Sasha. It’s a great idea but I’m not aware of it being possible! Maybe Folksy might consider it if you added it as a suggestion?

Ooo just tried it and it works!

1 Like

That’s brilliant Roz! :smile:

Thanks for looking into the adding other stuff to amazon wish list Roz. My other half has admitted he had previously tried it and given up as he ended up with the same thing twice - we think because the check out wasn’t done through amazon it wasn’t removed from the wish list once someone had ordered it. They might have removed that glitch by now.
I found a request for having the ability to share ‘wish lists’ in the folksy.uservoice.com suggested features bit dated from Christmas last year with 13 (now 14) votes - maybe we should lean on them a bit harder?

2 Likes

I have a wishlist board on Pinterest and pin things I like on there, I hadn’t thought of putting my Folksy favourites on there, although I do have a separate board on there called ‘Folksy Finds’.

x

1 Like