Shops that have had no sales yet - Promote Here

Hi everyone! I am new to Folksy and only opened my shop a few weeks ago. I’m yet to have any sales but would love to get some feedback on my shop.

https://folksy.com/shops/HatsBySue

Hi Sue. I’m no expert as I’ve not had a sale for awhile. But I noticed you haven’t used all you tags. There are15, you need to use them. Also, (as I don’t have variations), you have in your descriptions, available in various sizes, is this chosen at checkout?
When I look at your titles in your shop front, I don’t see what the hats are for, like…baby or adult. Buyers will go elsewhere if they can’t see something straightaway.
And your prices are so low. Don’t sell yourself short.
I’m sure others will give some input. But this is just my observation. Hope you were ok with me saying? @HatsBySue

Thank you so much for your feedback. I have always wanted to model my hats/vests on babies but unfortunately I’ve never been able to find anyone who would be able to help out with this. I do think seeing my items on babies show how lovely they are (if I do say so myself!).

I will have a think about how I can change the title so that buyers are aware that these are baby hats etc.

Thank you again!

1 Like

Thank you Andy, @KelandyDesigns that’s very kind :blush:
You have some lovely items in your shop, especially love the Seahorse pendant.
I also have a couple of your items on my ‘Folksy Creations’ Pinterest board.
Good luck with your shop!

Hi everyone, I am no longer able to work due to ill health (I’ve been taking ironing in, but that was such hard work!) I’m hoping to sell my cards instead, I was going to use my stash for my retirement (should have been retired now, but have to wait 4 more years!) so started using it now to try & make some sales. I have only had my shop for a week & no sales yet, but just wondered if I am being too eager, maybe it will take a while to sell one of my cards. I have only put 5 on at the moment to see how it goes. Love all your work, I could spend all day just browsing! Thanks for listening X

Very pretty cards Jackie. There are lots of card shops here, so can I suggest that you add tags to your listings as it helps your items to be found in searches. Sometimes it takes a while to get a sale, I hope you have one soon xxx

Thank you plumporridge, I will do that, I’m just reading through the hints & tips for how to do it & maybe use my Instagram & Pinterest accounts too.xxx

Hi everyone,
My shop has been open since last April, but no sales as yet. Recently I have been trying to increase the items in my shop, to see if that would help and would agree with the other postings, that it can be disheartening at times. To be fair, I only discovered “Talk Folksy” a couple of months ago and my only social media contact is Pinterest.
I was doing not to badly on the other unmentionable site, until their new policy, a couple of months ago, was to give free P & P to UK, I did so, and since then nothing. Any advice or constructive criticism would be welcome. Please feel free to comment. My daughter-in-law said I should open a Facebook Shop without having to be part of the usual Facebook interaction, so that may need to be a consideration. Wishing everyone plenty of sales and happy days. Much love to all.

2 Likes

Many moons ago I had an Esty shop. Recently I thought about resurrecting it, but then I decided that I’d rather sell from a British platform. So here I am, with my brand new Folksy shop.
I love knitting and crocheting, so that’s all you are going to find here. :slight_smile:
Please visit and have a look.

Any advice or suggestion would be very welcome.

https://folksy.com/shops/Knitsy123

1 Like

Hi Crystal @CrystalClarkeJewellery,
Thank you for your post. I am pleased to report that I have just had my first sale.
Hope this news helps and encourages others. Wishing everyone great sales.
Here is my sold item, for which I am truly grateful.

2 Likes

I’m still persevering with Folksy and recommend it regularly to fellow local makers. In fact my daughter recently joined as she makes resin items. She’s been fortunate enough to have custom orders, whereas I’m still trying to get started.

https://folksy.com/shops/UnravelandUnwind/collections/283195-sewing-essentials

https://folksy.com/shops/freyacariadbrown

Hi! I opened my shop in August and waiting for my first sale. Here are a few of my items.

A PROMOTION FOR TODAY ONLY THESE BROOCHES, BUY TWO RECEIVE TWO FREE

i REOPEND MY SHOP RECENTLY AND HAVEN’T SOLD YET

Hi! I’ve had 1 sale so far :joy: I’ve got so many pieces in my shop and every single one is unique. Heres a pendant I made with my favourite crystal inside, I have so many more items like this too!

1 Like

Decided to get my shop up and running again after a lengthy break, so listing items as I go. Before my break I was reguarly on Folksy Forum, Pinterest, although Instagam eluded me at the time, something I must embrace! I do not expect huge sales as I only use to list a few items one a month and feel this format will continue. Great to be part of the Folksy community again. Thank you.

Two cheeky machine embroidered snowmen hair clips.

Two snap hair clips that have a felt cover and embellished with a machine embroidered snowman decoration, embellished with a red bow.

Dimensions Approx: Snowman Width 4.5 cm.
Hair Clip: 5 cm.

Price includes UK Postage only.

3 Likes

Hi I not long opened my shop so haven’t had any sales yet, I have a few items listed but have lots more in progress hopefully ready to list next week :):relaxed:

1 Like

Hello, my shop is shiny and new, and still very much a work in progress. Any feedback would be very much appreciated. I was pleased to sell one of my 3D Christmas tree cards at a local community market last week, but am yet to make a sale on Folksy.

3 Likes

I’ve sold nothing via Folksy (or any other online shops) - it almsot irks me that all my trade is through FB.

Fingers crossed for this year though!

https://folksy.com/shops/FozbomProductions

No sales here yet, but early days, I think I need to practice my photography a bit more.

Very new shop, I just opened it yesterday, I love it here though, much better than the big orange handmade american platform!! hehe