Folksy Ltd

Show the amazing things you've made but not shown on-line

(Beadseedz) #181

I have just finished this carrier bead necklace as a commission for a regular customer.It’s the first one I have made and I really enjoyed doing it - it was fun designing the patterns for the beads (although I also bought some patterns that I adapted for some of them).
I think I may make another (in different colours and patterns) for my Folksy shop.

(Carrie ) #182

Only just seen this Sue - that’s SOOO beautiful!

(Sue) #183

Thanks Carrie :yellow_heart::yellow_heart::yellow_heart:

(Sue) #184

I started this oven glove for a present years ago, it started to go wrong, things weren’t straight, lines didn’t match up, and I put it aside, I found it recently and all it really needed to finish it was the bias binding around the edge, so I bought some and hey presto, it’s complete! It will replace my old handmade one. I know with two layers of heat resistant wadding either side of a normal piece in the middle, I won’t burn myself unless I do something stupid!

(Pauline Hayward) #185

(Pauline Hayward) #186

(Kim Blythe) #187

(Bekki Stevenson) #188

I made big girl pants! I’ve been learning to sew lingerie recently which I’ve discovered is an immensely satisfying hobby. This is a pair of high waisted knickers. I hacked the pattern to add lace side panels front and back.

For a friends birthday!!

(Joy Salt) #190

I’ve just finished this order for 60 ring dishes. I only have a small kiln so there’ve been lots of firings to get up to 60. No 2 are the same.
Now to pop them all into little organza bags with my a mini Joysofglass business card in each… they’re for presents for an event. Hope the recipients like them and don’t fight over colour / decoration choice.

(Sue) #191

Joy, there amazing, and look beautiful all together too :purple_heart:

(Mandie Bailey) #192

This cute cat necklace was a commission, based on the buyer seeing something similar in my collection

(Carrie ) #193

What a fantastic idea for an event. People will love them Joy! They’d look great as wedding favours with sugared almonds in etc.

(Sue) #194

While I was away in Hastings I found an amazing flower company. They make velvet flowers from vintage velvet from the 30’s, in really heavy metal presses, one by one… They supply them for film, television, theatre and milliners. The company is over 150 years old, the present owners have run it since 1981. Originally in London the shop relocated in 1910 to Hastings. I suspect anyone and everyone in the business use this supplier for there needs. The Duchess of Cambridge recently had a facinator hat made using the petals for the Baptising of Louis.
I bought a few, I have made a corsage with an added felt ball for a more 3D effect and little gold beads, and a little hand embroidery. I, in my usual way have gone really over the top, there very pretty on there own.
I have another set left over, I will try and simplify the next one, I will make it for a friend. I would love to use these more, but there not really useful in my day to day work. I hope to buy more when I visit next time.
What do you think?

It is about 5.5" at its longest.

(Lily Lily Handmade) #195

I needle felted this miniature border collie for my friend. It took hours to get it to look like his dog Charlie :blush:

(Marg) #196

This was a quilt I made to donate to Project Linus Charity, I love the colours and I tried a wavy line quilting. It was a pleasure to give this to such a worthwhile cause. I made six in all for the charity.

(MadeintheTemple) #197

It’s beautiful, love everything about it Sue. I love it when you find a new shop.

(Sue) #198

Thank you Marie @MadeintheTemple :blush::blush::blush: I think it’s fortunate I don’t live closer.

(Claire Mead) #199

I made this lovely large wash bag for a relative x

(Kim Blythe) #200

An embroidered cushion for my grandsons first Birthday…I had planned to do it a year ago when he was born but stuff got in the way and it didn’t happen!