Show your 'Work In Progress' - WIP

Ive finished some doll toppers, just need to decorate the base card, and Ive nearly made a mini terrarium.

2 Likes

Thinking about Christmas cards already and working on some new designs in my home studio. A

2 Likes

I am putting colours together for an autumn collection of tweed tea cosies, (sounds grand!)

2 Likes

prototyping some new notebooks… what do you think?

3 Likes

I havent been able to do much felting for a while as I have just moved and am having a new kitchen fitted and work bench built so today I decided to have a play with some fibres to make some “papers”. One was a bit of a disaster but the silk paper turned out OK. Not sure what I will do with it but it was fun playing around!

2 Likes

These new painted stones are now waiting to be boxed…

…and shipped out tomorrow - they are already sold but not on Folksy, as most of our creations are not destined for this site.
J

8 Likes

preparation of little promotion stand at Old Spitalfields market in London last week. Lots of laser cutting & engraving. Lots of products ready!

1 Like

This is my latest WiP picture, a Fairy Door (that I’ve just listed) and a couple of commissioned plaques :slight_smile:

1 Like

Managed to grab an hour for cutting out, hopefully I’ll get an hour to sew later! :cat2:

Rose Quartz Pendant.
I’m almost finished, this is my second attempt at a beaded cabochon.

1 Like

My beach huts collection is currently empty after the last item sold at the weekend. New beach huts cushions now on the go.

2 Likes

Hi all,

I wanted to share my experiment from last night - a notebook with the logo and a funny text. Laser cutting and engraving in 3mm plywood.

1 Like

Okay, so my new ladies coat hanger is more 'work nearly finished ’ than in ‘progress’, got a bit carried away last night, fingers just wouldn’t stop.

However, this is!!!

More cutting out today - hopefully sewing it tomorrow :cat2:

1 Like

Just stitching out a dragon for a tote bag order

1 Like

for a long time now, I have belonged to the International freeform crochet group. Freeform crochet is using any yarns, any colours and any stitches at random. I was looking at an article about twizzle muffs for pensioners where people knit or crochet muffs with lots of interesting shapes and colours for the owners to play with. I thought it would be nice to create a “play mat” for babies and children.Something for them to be fascinated by and for bits to touch and feel. Maybe for people with Special needs too. It could be for them to sit on and just be attracted to the colour and texture or to have on their lap to keep them amused. SO…I have started a piece of freeform…known in the trade as Scrumbling…and I will continue until it is big enough to offer for sale as a “Play mat”. This piece already contains pompoms, curly bits and lots of texture for small hands…

3 Likes

I’m working on a groovy pet bed in zingy colours.
It’s made from a vibrant red 1960s suitcase.

1 Like

Ive been using my new embossing/die cutting machine

Im also experimenting with designs so I can make pillow boxes for birthdays and Xmas.

1 Like

2 shoulder bags complete, 3 more to make by sunday!!

Hi everyone - I actually made a WIP video which finally was done and posted to Facebook this weekend! It’s not something I normally do but thought it would be a good educational tool as an ethical brand as well as something visually interesting and of course, a nice bit of marketing!

I made it to highlight the craftsmanship in making a pair of trousers/clothing in general that often goes under- or un-appreciated in the world of fast fashion and it’s been very popular so far with lots of shares, likes and feedback.

Sorry for the outside link but don’t think Folksy forums will let me embed!

1 Like