Show your 'Work In Progress' - WIP

New silk cushion in progress, tiny grey hares on lilac ground. To bobble or not to bobble, oh the joys of creating. These are also being lined to give the silk more stability.

2 Likes

What a fantastic idea! The processes that we all go through to create artwork are so interesting. I am just about to start painting a watercolour but always take time to draw a detailed drawing before I start.

4 Likes

Update
Completed and Bobbled, sometimes you just have too.

4 Likes

Made this last night for the daily listing challenge, soldered pendant with purple skeleton leaf . Oh dear what an accident!
If you look under my thumb there is a darker mark, the darkening patina seeped through so hours of work ruined. Just needed to have an offload.
This was for today’s Daily March Listing Challenge too! Something special I had not tried before. Oh well, learn and move on. Sorry for having a moan, feel better for just writing this.Cheers to all.

1 Like

A new spring pink bobble bud coat hanger, hopefully going in my shop very soon!!

1 Like

It’s still a lovely piece!

1 Like

Slow going, but so worth it, I am very pleased with this idea xx

6 Likes

This is a soon to be hair band. Just experimenting at the moment on keeping a crisp edge to more detailed cutouts…

2 Likes

An update to my plaque, it’s all finished, posted and received :slight_smile:
playroom%20plaque%20wip

Trying out a new design for a hair vine… this is it so far

4 Likes

That’s gorgeous.

Ahh, thank you!

The sewing machine is getting a few days off while I knit up some baby cardigans…sold out of them before Christmas so trying to get a few done…

1 Like

Trying to find some small quick projects to do first thing in the morning while my daughter is staying. The only time I will have for crafting this week is while she is still sleeping! Started on some brooches - 1st up is a sheep!

2 Likes

Printing bearded dragon cards :heart:

8 Likes

This beautiful weather has sent me outside into the garden with my felting needles! I made a start on my first attempt at an animal with a wire armature today - I usually just felt them lying or sitting down! Hopefully this will turn into a fox eventually :slight_smile:

4 Likes

@Sanad00 Im a fellow solderer and I know the annoyance of capturing something in glass and solder that you don’t want there. Can you melt/separate the parts and remake it?

I just remade it with a new cut piece of leaf Clare. The solder tape does prise off but I chose to use new glass (it did not need cutting) so for me it was the easiest way. The tape does leave a very sticky residue :grimacing:

I’ve been working on this fox for several days now. Hoping he will get finished tomorrow (or soon after!). A few pictures of progress along the way :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Busy crafty bee work in progress, a new summer dress(black obvs) and some soldering Im getting on with.