Stats for September 19

I particularly wanted to share my stats this month because in August I was doing the daily listing challenge and in September I wasn’t.

Absolutely everything is down! (I’m pretty sure that instagram click was me)

Also - Views down 73%
Impressions down 26%
Item favourites down 94%
Shop favourites down 60%
Sold items down 80%
Revenue down 92%

So actual impressions haven’t gone down that much, but any sort of engagement has had a massive drop.
I’m not saying it’s all down to the daily listing thread, as September is often my worst month of the year, but I definitely think it’s had some effect. I don’t think my own social media posting has been less in September compared to August, if anything I think I’ve got more engagement on my posts… but obviously not the sort that leads to shop clicks (and of course, the listing thread may have got a few other people sharing my items leading to more clicks).

I don’t do the daily listing thread as I just can’t make enough items quickly enough. I do take part in the weekly one. These are my stats for September, and they are pretty average for me, and I sold 27 items.

1 Like

Oh I definitely don’t make items that quickly either, it was easy when I first joined because I had years worth of stock to list, now I think I’m going to try to join in once every few months. A few months to build up some new stock, and then one month listing on the thread with a mix of new and relists.

I’m sure the weekly one gives a good boost too though, and doesn’t take an hour a day just to get through the thread!

Your facebook numbers are great!

1 Like

I try to post every day but several are relists. No way could I make every day and am sure a lot of other crafters are the same. If I do have a mammoth making session, list on Folksy but do not post. That way they sit as drafts which then means can post a new item every day.

Happy with mine this month as all up and had 3 sales:

I find by listing in the challenge certainly helps the figures and get more sales this way. Not as many as August but still some sales.

I’m quite embarrassed with my stats :confused: I got 1 sale.

I don’t take part in anything really…

Don’t be embarrassed! They’re pretty similar to mine this month (and I just got one sale too)… seems to be the normal for me when I’m not taking part in anything.

Seems you’re doing well at getting instagram clicks though!

Think Instagram is where my sales come from. When taking part in the listing challenge, how do you think it helps? Does it help with Google search do you think?

It definitely gives the stats a boost for Folksy Forum and favourites… but that’s just making big stats numbers, not getting sales. However, if your item has recently got a favourite then there’s a chance it will show up on the Folksy front page under “popular right now”, so a tiny bit more chance other people browsing Folksy will see it. Maybe the extra link to the item and the page getting more views will help it a little more on Google too, but I’m not certain about that.

There’s also that it builds a bit of a supportive community, so if someone else on the thread is making a pinterest board or doing a Folksy Friday, there’s more chance of them including items from the other sellers on the thread as they see their items and communicate with them every day, so they’re the first sellers that come to mind (also sometimes when they have to do a bit of shopping).

That then means you’re getting extra promotion on social media from other people, which will mean completely new people seeing your item, and again, the extra link to it might help it seem a more popular page to Google.

It definitely makes my stats look more impressive, and I know it’s helped me get me the odd extra sale, but not loads more, so I’m happy with just doing it occasionally.

1 Like

Ah I see thanks.

I didn’t have a bad month, considering my shop was closed for half the month due to my being on holiday.
5 sales, three through Instagram, two direct from the forum. This is rare to be honest, the main benefit from the forum seems to be exposure. I know when I’m not active in the forums, my sales seem to dry up.

1 Like

Terrible!!! But seems like it is on the up (Got to love a green arrow!) No sales though