Struggling to work at the mo!

Glad I am not the only one

I had a plan that when I was off the day jobs over Christmas I would make some new items. But only made a couple of items and thats it. I am annoyed with myself as I got a plus account again and its not working out the way I wanted. Will have to have a word with myself.

Itā€™s the getting back in to a routine, I was feeling a bit deflated and i decided that from Christmas iā€™m definitely having weekends as me and family time, it has helped as iā€™m then ready to start on a Monday :slight_smile: hope things improve for you quickly Donna @RedDragonDesigns x

1 Like

I was like that too after the New Year, just couldnā€™t get myself moving. Decided that was fine, got my house in order, accounts updated, met with friends and finally, the desire returned. Waiting on new supplies to make a new line for 2016.

There is always one person who is the odd one out :grinning: this time its me :confused: I love this quiet time after Christmas, I love getting back to work, making sure I have enough supplies and creating, because all too soon I shall have to be preparing for the year ahead, it gives me space to experiment a little.little. There is not much else to do, it gets dark so quickly, I would rather get down to it now and have a good reason for staying in and being warm! As I say, I always was a little odd :innocent:

Well Iā€™m glad to see Iā€™m in good company! I had so many plans for January this year-I had this idea that once the kids were back at school I would be my most productive ever.

However, my blow torch gave up on me (Iā€™ve got a new one now so no excuse for not working) and I crashed the car last week. What is worse is that my OH has been at home because of his shift pattern and he hates to see me crafting (wanders off muttering something about ā€œwasting timeā€¦etc, etcā€). Iā€™ve been my least productive since I opened the shop and Valentines day is nearly upon us.

Arrrrrggghhhh!!!

Love Sam x

Iā€™ve actually been quite good this morning :slight_smile: Iā€™ve digitized the personalisation for 2 christening blankets, 1 hooded towel and a tea towel :slight_smile: Itā€™s not particularly hard work but can be a bit fiddly. Now Iā€™m about to start embroidering them :slight_smile: I have the curtains shut to keep the warm in a the view of the garden out lol But first a cup of tea :grin:

1 Like

Iā€™m sure this Robin is doing his best to distract me, by sitting there looking cute lol

6 Likes

We have one in the builders yard that is my back garden he flies around the green house and the brambles and heā€™s even been into the greenhouse.

I donā€™t know how long Robins live but weā€™ve seen one in our back garden every year since we moved in that was 15years ago.

1 Like

Weā€™ve got 3 Eileen, they all have their own little sections of garden! I thought it was just one for ages until we saw them all at the same time lol

gosh you must have loads of room as Iā€™ve just been told they are very fight off other Robins from their own little area.

I donā€™t think our Robin is the same Robin every year but we always get one every year :slight_smile: Which is a suprise as next door has 4 cats one of which is a big hunter and caught a woodpecker 2 years ago.

We are quite lucky our garden is quite big and because itā€™s long and thin itā€™s laid out in sections, we have the front and side for shrubs (that where the robin in the photo is) then a terrace, where the second one lives, a lawn(blackbirds lol) a car park, veg and fruit trees (where the third lives) and then my greenhouse area and decking which I call my secret garden. It does sound massive when I put it like that. My oh has just got himself a drone with a camera Iā€™ll see if heā€™ll take a photo of it for me :smile:

Ahhh sounds lovely :smile:

I have 3 separate gardens as I live on an L shaped plot.

The back which is a building site you donā€™t want to see it lol but it does include one of DHā€™s project cars and my greenhouse.

Then thereā€™s the front garden and driveway which is filled with the rest of our cars well we 9 cars between 3 of us.

Then I have a huge side garden that ends in the next road which contains my small orchard, soft fruit garden, herb garden at the very top so people walking in the other road often pop there hands over to cut off a few free fresh herbs lol It also contians my rather large vegetable garden which people have been seen by neighbours to come into with a fork and dig up and take away veggies from :open_mouth:

1 Like

That sounds lovely :slight_smile: I have a mature eating apple tree and a cooking apple tree. But all the rest are babies, 2 cherry and 2 plum, they arenā€™t big enough for fruit yet. Iā€™d love a proper orchard though. I keep trying to persuade my OH to turn the lawn into one, then Iā€™d only have to mow a path between the trees lol
All his carpentry stuff is behind the decking, in several sheds so I donā€™t have to look at it lol :expressionless:

1 Like