Folksy Ltd

Take part in our online Folksy Christmas Market!

Really. Your shops lovely. Tbh, I don’t want to spend the money. I’ve already got enough going out on platforms. :smile:

1 Like

Thank you Amberlily. Must be doing something they don’t like maybe I am too old fashioned.

1 Like

Wouldn’t had thought so. Maybe they want you to be more active on social media or something?

1 Like

I was rejected on the basis I am already doing well enough on my own… ! I am very cross on Caroline’s behalf.

3 Likes

Thank you Joy. Got over it now, DH is annoyed and wondered how long I have to wait for a refund.

1 Like

Got my money back, breathe a sigh of relief now what can I spend it on? More fabric?

Seems quite a few have been accepted for the full membership I must be in the minority.

2 Likes

I find it such a shame that I cannot take part in these things…for one thing anything online goes over my head and also I don’t have a smart phone, instagram or any of those things.
Also I don’t think I could afford to pay for extra promotion and so I slip deeper and deeper into the ditch
If people don’t have the latest technology then they get left behind but I really cannot afford to get another phone…so I will just have to read all about it after the event…which is also my birthday weekend…sigh…

3 Likes

I will be reading with you Brenda. I have the technology but they did not want me. Plus still do not understand how it works!!

Cream cakes at the ready, Victoria sponge filled with strawberries and cream x

1 Like

Brenda you are not alone! I don’t have a smart phone, don’t do instagram and the rest, but am very happy not to. I opened a Facebook account specifically for Folksy, but cancelled it after a couple of weeks as it just didn’t seem comfortable. I do use Pinterest, but mainly use it as it was originally intended by the founders - a scrapbook for my own reference. I was really sorry when Pinterest was sold and became an advertising and selling platform, I loved it as it was originally about 10 years or so ago - a treasure trove of ideas and style.

3 Likes

I was rejected too - didn’t even bother to tell me why. Probably because I don’t have Instagram account, but they could put that on the requirements up front and save everybodies time.

2 Likes

I was rejected too, said while my makes are unique, I’m too varied and they didn’t think I’d cope with the exposure a platform like Pedddle would bring. :frowning:
To be honest, while I was rather upset at the time (in part because they’d forgotten to change the name on the rejection email), on reflection I’m not fussed, I spend enough time networking and working with various platforms to increase my exposure, without adding another into the framework.
I am toying with doing the Christmas fair, in part because I love Folksy and would love to see it promoted and better known, and be a part of that…hmmm will have a think over the weekend.

2 Likes

I have been mulling this over and surprised at the rejections for membership. During my lifetime I have been published in Stampington magazines, they head hunted me not me crawling to them and been paid for my submissions. Done juried fairs where you submit your work then accepted or not, always been accepted. The people that juried the show (a panel of 10) where qualified in their own creative field not someone behind a computer screen, so proud always been accepted by my peers.

Accepted by the Guild of Surrey Craftsmen but decided not to go with it in the shop as at the time working and could not commit to the time needed to man the shop. That includes work submission and interviews.

I think this could be the problem with Pedddle who are the people judging our makes etc, are they qualified etc.

I feel sad for all those rejected and think if you look at it Pedddle is just an online catalogue and event organiser. When covid is over, pray it is at some point, will they still do the online fairs or revert back to actual fairs in the North only then those not in the area will be left by the wayside. Just a thought.

Just think we are better than that and as so many of my peers have said their loss and our gain as no expenditure. There are more online fairs out there.

Keep going folks you are all wonderful x

2 Likes

Interestingly read. I was rejected the last time I applied too, but have joined for the Christmas Fair, and have paid the £15 one-off fee. Camilla @folksycontent, can I be turned down again? I want to know before I start adding Christmas photos to my page. SallyAnn

I’m the same as Sally Ann above. I’ve been rejected by Pedddle before, so I signed up for just the one-off folksy and paid on the 9th. I received a welcome and saying they’d give more instructions on instagram “soon”. I tried to start uploading stuff (didn’t realise I hadn’t actually been accepted) and could add one image and I couldn’t go any further. I didn’t really understand it so I emailed them - no answer.

1 Like

SallyAnn If you’ve paid the £15 then that is Folksy not Peddddle unless I’m going silly ??
(I could well be silly :slight_smile: :slight_smile: )

Hi Joy, @JOYSofGLASS, just checked, and my Bank Statement def said Pedddle. So, you are silly. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: (only joking). Like Silvana @SilvanaJewellery says, I too have had an email from Pedddle, and it now says “we will be in touch via the member Instagram account very soon, and get you set up in there. Once you hear from us you are accepted, and you can get on with sorting your page.”… I haven’t heard from them, so I could be rejected again!!! I thought it was a one off fee, so I could be included in the Folksy Christmas Fair, which is what I wanted. I don’t want to become a member on Pedddle only to be rejected again, I just want to support Folksy, and join in with the Fair. Caroline @Caroleecrafts - it does knock your confidence a bit (I was rejected first time round, as was Joy.)… See what I mean…

SallyAnn

If that is the case and they reject you then I have to say @folksycontent that really is Not On. This was I thought supposed to be a Folksy Market so anyone from Folksy should be permitted to join ??? Surely
!

1 Like

Words well spoken - I could be joining you with Brenda @teabreaks, with Victoria sponge filled with strawberries and cream. Ha ha ha. (I have my youngest daughter over tomorrow, and I am making Mary Berry scones, with clotted cream, strawberry jam, AND strawberrries!!!)
SallyAnn

Joy - I have put that on my Facebook Page. Oh dear - I may have to delete it then. xxx

Yeah anyone who has paid the £15 fee can do the fair, you just haven’t applied to join Peddle so don’t get promoted by them, but Folksy will be promoting too.
So there’s 2 tiers, 1st is £35 and application to Peddle to be a member and a one off payment to Folksy to be in the market, which is £15.