Folksy Ltd

Textile design by Gunta Stolzl, Susan Collier & Sarah Campbell

(Martin John Harris) #1

In the 80s we bought two sofas covered with a print which I believe was inspired by Gunta Stolzl, the Bauhaus designer. Since the fabric eventually wore out, we been trying to find a source for getting enough to recover the sofas or at least to cover a chair. I’ve found some images on the web, but I’ve not been able to find anyone who would be able to supply the fabric. Here’s the webpage which shows the design,

http://sewreview.com/blog/bauhaus-vintage-fabrics/

Does anyone know someone or a company who might be able to help in our search?
Thanks
Martin John Harris

(Minerva) #2

If you haven’t found anyone here yet, maybe take a sample to fabric shops? They might also be able to advise you of another source.

(Nora Hessayon) #3

Hi , I think it is Collier Cambell ( sorry just read your post properly and the link and seen that I was right LOL) and was very popular in the mid eighties… Try Ebay .They are very good for vintage fabric I buy loads there (too much !). How many metres do you think you will need and how much do you want to spend? I have just remembered I think I also know somewhere that had some but I don’t know whether they still do. “The Shop” in Shoreditch is brilliant for vintage fabric I get most of my W. Morris there. Last time I went ( about 5 weeks ago) they had a pair of curtains from that fabric . I am sure it was that. I can find out for you if you wish as I was meaning to go again in the next week or so. If you want me to check I will

(Astrid Weigel) #4

I think this design was done for Liberty - have you tried contacting them?