To list or not to list a slight second?

I’ve made a nice ring but the stone is very slightly askew, not enough to be noticeable when worn. I have pointed out the flaw and reduced the price by about half. Can’t decide whether I should list it or not. Would it be better to put it in a separate ‘Sale’ category? What do you think?

1 Like

I list seconds, but I always make sure the fact that the item is a second is in the first line, as not all customers read the whole description, and add it to the title if there is space too.

1 Like

I would add the words “slight second” to the title and description and as Sara @DandelionsGallery says put it near the top of the description. Its a lovely ring and as you say is barely noticeable.

1 Like

Thank you Roz and Sara for the good advice. I’ve now rewritten the listing as you suggested. It’s great to have an objective opinion!

Over on the dark side I have a whoops-a-daisy section that works pretty well. i’d list it- its very pretty 7 there are lots of bargain hunters out there

3 Likes

Thank you Louise. I’ve never tried the dark side but I’ll bear it in mind!

I don’t have anything to add to the advice here, which is as fantastic as it usually is. Just to say, I love your ring and I think there will be many people who won’t mind a piece of jewellery with a bit of extra character :wink: just as @trawdensoapkitchen says.

Sam x

1 Like

Thanks Sam. It’s a quirky handmade feature!

1 Like