UKIP have stolen my image

Have tweeted and shared too.
Angry for you its a disgrace and i hope you get the compensation you deserve. What thieves.
Anita

Shared and expressed my disgust

Stephanie even my Hubbie has shared it on his facebook page and his friends are sharing it as well. So hopefully the more people who share and comment the quicker this will be resolved.

I just told them on their FB page that Stephanie should invoice them ÂŁ1000 per day

1 Like

Wow thank you so much for all your support, you guys rock!

2 Likes

My OH has emailed them directly to express his outrage!

They responded to my post and said they were dealing with it but when I went to look at the site an hour later it was still up.

I am a UKIP supporter but they shouldn’t be using your image without your permission!

2 Likes

Just shown this to my other half and he is as shocked and disgusted as I am. He said ‘she should take them to town’ Hope you get the compensation you deserve x

That’s terrible!!! What a cheek :frowning:

The ‘owner’ of the website has replied to all comments saying it was an innocent mistake. Doesn’t explain why he didn’t remove it immediately.

Apparently it’s my fault that he now has squished text on his website. I think a week is ample time for him to get his website builder to take it down.

I posted a reply to his long and rather accusatory response to your Facebook post. He doesn’t get the fact that taking an image from Google can’t be done, which is surprising given he says his wife is a painter. a more fitting post to your page would have been ‘sorry I didn’t realise, it’ll be taken down asap when I can contact the website provider…’ No one can really argue with that then… Instead he’s making it personal, which doesn’t bode well for his future sanity if a career in politics is his goal…

I notice his reply puts the blame on Stephanie for not writing to him about it.

ermmm no the blame is on them for stealing something they didn’t create. No excuses.

Looks like UKIP have done it previously.

Maybe he should be reminded that this is not the first time they’ve done this and have no excuse for not knowing its illegal. Also remind them that in English Law ignorance of the law is no defense.

2 Likes

The latest post says unless Stephanie writes (formally??) to him asking for the image to be removed he will simply go back to the paper and give his side of the story. I’m starting to feel very sorry for him, he’s digging a huge hole for himself that’s not necessary at all. A simple sorry and I’ll remove the image asap would have been the sensible (and professional PR response). Instead, he’s reacting to every single post, refusing to see the issue i.e. using an image without knowing who the source is, and then when it’s pointed out the artist wants it removed, he’s concentrating on challenging her (on her own FB page) as to her motives. And so the story grows…

1 Like

He’s a complete sleaze and I think the only recourse is for Stephanie to find out who hosts their website and send a Cease and Desist Take Down Notice.

1 Like

Stephanie, take screen shots of all his comments and responses as well as the web page using your picture. Then get a lawyer to contact UKIP with an immediate DMC take down notice, a bill for the days that the image has been used without your permission, and a demand for a public apology.

What a lot of hassle for you Stephie, I do hope you get it sorted very soon.