Variations - what do you need?

Hi Guys,

I have just signed up to sell my jewellery on here and I am really surprised to find that there is no options availability. I see that there have been ongoing discussion for over a year. What surprises me most is that every online shop that I know of offers variations. Even a simple Wordpress site! Not showing options and variations in this day and age is simply unprofessional.
I wonder what the problem is here?
If it’s simply not knowing what we need, the solution is simple - look at another similar site (begins with E) and see how they do it.
Nearly all my products are custom made, which means I need to collect sizing information (mainly ring sizes). I will continue to list more of my products to see how it goes.
Otherwise, I like the site and the sense of community, so c’mon guys let’s get this sorted.
Thanks.

1 Like

I think ebay has a very good layout when you use the advanced tool-you can make up your own variations and have pictures for each variation.

I would love to be able to offer other sizes and colours for my knitting and crochet. This is a very good idea

Would love sizes for rings, bracelets and necklaces. Colour variations for all jewellery items ie silver, gold. Decoration colour variations for gem stones. Colour variations for hair pins too would be fab. The ability to add items with an additional cost ie a necklace with additional earrings to build sets.

I still want an option for with or without gift box… (as I did in my post of 7th January, 2017…)

Size (and price), colours, add on options, etc, etc, also personalisation fields and an ability to offer postage upgrades would be good (just for the UK) so that customers can request next day delivery if that’s available (particularly valuable at peak shopping dates like Christmas, etc when people leave things to the last minute). And yes, would definitely appreciate more photos!

1 Like

This is such an important and vital element that folksy is missing. I feel like, after reading through some comments, it would perhaps be worth looking into the idea of implementing entirely custom variation fields, including the name of the field, up to a certain count (4 or 5? would we realistically ever need more than that?) instead of trying to accomodate with pre-programed options for sellers to try and choose from.

How would variations work, though, in terms of fees? Would every single variation count as a new listing?

Yes, based on everyone’s feedback that is what we’re planning - a custom variation field that sellers can use to enter their own variations rather than choosing from preselected fields. We had hoped to have it up and running by now, but GDPR and other essentials have put us back, unfortunately. It’s very frustrating.

4 Likes

Even with the GDPR setback frustration, that’s hugely reassuring and brilliant to hear. :pray: I hope the remaining things to work on get sorted out quickly and easily for you guys!

1 Like

Hi,
Yes variations are very much needed. I’d need them mainly for colour, I am selling foiled cards so I would need an option that allows the customer to pick the foil colour as well as the colour of envelope.

Thanks,
Gita

Hi, Is anything happening with variations for listings since your thread on Jan 2017. Or have you decided not to listen to your customers. I Think this would draw in more customers and listings.

We are working on it! It’s taken much longer than we had hoped as we are a really really tiny team and lots of things have conspired to put us behind. But it is in the works, promise.

3 Likes

is there any chance we’ll get variations in time for doing our Christmas listings?

I really hope so. Because we’re such a small team though we can’t guarantee it. I should know more next week and will keep you all updated.

2 Likes

Please, please, please, please, please!

2 Likes

Please add size and colour variations - otherwise I need to upload 14 sizes separately and then again by 3 colours :frowning:

I would love amount variations - for example my is of listing of 3 pencils but I also offer 5 and 10 pencils. Currently I have to make separate listings for 5 and 10 pencils and tell customers to click back to my shop if they want them, instead of just giving people the option to click and choose easily.

Was just looking at restocking my shop and this has to have been on the Folksy to do list for about 5 years! Would be extremely helpful to have this please :slight_smile: For me size & colour!

yes ASAP ! - and more photos to go with it

1 Like

So glad this has been resurrected. I go along with options for colours, sizes, different device options but also gift wrapping. I currently have a separate listing if my customers wish a gift box.

Any update @Folksyadmin