Folksy Ltd

Watchdog anyone see it last night

(Eileens Craft Studio) #1

They had a bit about how some companies are faking rewiew’s/feedback for their companies/products. I’m not surprised this is happening. Thank goodness that can’t be done on Folksy as you can only have feedback from a customer ie they have to buy from us.

Here is the link to the to report in The Telegraph. It also goes on to say some rival companies also put up fake bad reviews/back on companies.
http://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/business/shoppers-duped-by-millions-of-fake-online-reviews/ar-AAbNDwd

It also mentions some people are using blackmail via threatening to leave false bad/negative feedback to get what they want.

(Samantha Stanley) #2

This does not surprise me at all! I recently reviewed Levi’s Curve ID jeans-As I am an amateur dress maker my comments were very detailed and specific, to whit they just increased the hip measurement in comparison to the waist but did nothing to the back rise which means that they are still completely unsuitable for the pear shapes they are advertised to fit. I included measurements to prove my point and suggested they alter the yoke and the crotch seam to improve the fit. I then received an E-mail to say they would not be posting my review as it was “offensive.” I never swear in conversation or when I write, so you can draw your own conclusions as to what was wrong with my review.

Love Sam :fish:

(Eileens Craft Studio) #3

I would ask them just what they mean by offensive as you have used the correct dressing making terminology and outlined all the correct dress making principles…

(Trevor Harvey) #4

I had cause to leave poor feedback about a certain supermarket chain who sold me a product for home delivery with a guaranteed date and were three weeks late in delivering and were completely unhelpful in assisting me or telling me just when I was going to get my item - they deleted my feedback from their website as it ‘wasn’t the sort of comments they were looking for…’ Talk about biased reviews… I know I’ll never use them again

(Minerva) #6

I’m not surprised either. There is such an increase in request for feedback nowadays. Even for the tiniest thing companies they do they ask for it. It would be interesting to see what they do with this information.

Another way companies collect feedback is through competitions. They advertise the chance to win something with the condition you give them feedback on a specific product. Not sure if anyone ever wins anything, but maybe that feedback ends up on their websites? Just wondering…

(Minerva) #7

We’ll keep that one in mind!

(Sasha Garrett) #8

There was a story in the news last year about a couple who having stayed in a hotel left a bad review about it on trip advisor and the hotel charged them £100 extra because of it! The hotel had written it into the small print of the booking that they could/ would fine people for leaving bad reviews. (you can read the story here http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-30100973) The ‘fine’ was refunded.
Some companies run scared of bad reviews/ complaints left on social media as they can spread so rapidly so if you ever need to complain about something turn to facebook or twitter rather than customer services apparently you can get a better resolution quicker. (and these lighter hearted examples should raise a giggle https://uk.news.yahoo.com/11-excellent-examples-customer-done-120538241.html#Nihbv1i)

(Eileens Craft Studio) #9

I did one for a restaurant but then they always give me excellent service and I now have a coupon for a free 3 course meal which I will use later next week.
But they state their questionnaire review in exchange for a free 3 course meal will not be published as they are for research only. As they are asking customers where they can improve the ‘dinning experience’. So slightly different I guess.

(Minerva) #11

That one is different…they sound quite straightforward.

(Samantha Stanley) #12

Hi Eileen! You are more tenacious than I am. As most companies say they reserve the right to decide what is offensive they don’t really have to explain. I also noticed that a review on the same product had been left by a self-confessed “employee.”

Personally I like to see all reviews on clothing, including the negative ones. If an apple shape leaves a review saying that this dress was far too tight on the bust or unflattering, or a tall girl says a t-shirt was too short then I know these items are for me! A negative review is equally likely to make me take the plunge and buy as a positive one when it comes to clothing.

Love Sam x

(Eileens Craft Studio) #13

This is true is someone left a review saying this was far too short I’d think ooooh customer bought the wrong size I wonder what the size said as that might fit me being a shortie :slight_smile: