đź‘‹ Welcome to the Folksy Forums (Read Me)! Introduce yourself here :)

This is a place to chat about art, craft and making. Network with other makers, share expertise and help each other out with tips for selling on Folksy.

New seller shops appear on the signed in homepage and can be found in this feed https://folksy.com/new-sellers

###New to the forums? Say hello!
Rather than create a new topic to say hello, reply to this topic to let us know a bit about yourself. Or, just hit reply on any topic to dive right in!

Why not start by telling us how you learned your craft or read these tips for selling from experienced Folksy shopkeepers.

###Not sure how things work?
These forums work a bit differently to our old forums.
Please read out tips for getting started

Forum Guidelines and FAQ

Remember that these forums are public, so be polite! Folksy’s Terms of Use are used as a legal framework for the relationship between Folksy and people who use the service. However, we also have guidelines for the managing and policing the forum to help maintain a supportive and pleasant environment where everyone feels able to contribute:

Forum Guidelines and FAQ

Which Category should I post my topic in?

• Showcase - Share gift ideas, special offers, promotions, competitions and giveaways.
  • Wanted - Looking for a particular kind of product on Folksy, or need some recommendations for craft supplies? Post your requests here.
  • Craft Talk - A place to to chat about art and craft, making and techniques.
  • Shop Talk - Ask other sellers about selling on Folksy, and discuss other Folksy shopkeeperÂť issues.
  • UK Craft Events - Regional Craft Links and arts / craft events in the UK - find, discuss and promote.
  • Fancy a Cuppa? - Off-topic chat, for anything that isn’t art, craft or Folksy related.
  • Meta - Questions or feedback about the forum itself.

Not sure which category your topic fits into? Leave it UNCATEGORISED and we will put it in the right place for you!

NOTE: the Folksy forums are intended for general craft talk and discussions related to Folksy. Please do not promote competitor services. If you need help with another site, please use their own forums, which are more appropriate for that kind of discussion.

Need help with Folksy.com ?

Please use our Helpdesk to find answers to the most frequently asked questions about buying and selling Folksy.com, to report any bugs or site issues, to suggest new or improved features for the site, or to contact us for further assistance.

Thank you
The Folksy Team

4 Likes

This topic is now pinned. It will appear at the top of its category until it is either unpinned by a moderator, or the Clear Pin button is pressed.

3 Likes

Ooh, exciting! Looking forward to seeing this in action :slight_smile:

3 Likes

All tongue tied!

Looking so different here :sunny:

3 Likes

Bouncing around the topics - feels very odd! Like the yellow pop up for first 2 posts :smiley:

2 Likes

The pics resize to thumbnails when viewing on a phone so I didn’t notice they were so big.

Loving the fact that no matter how much I tootle through topics it’s like each new page loads within the current page so at any time I can just click back once and I’m back on my dashboard rather than having to back out through every topic I’ve looked at. Small thing but it’s handy.

2 Likes

I’ve just had my email so here I am having a very quick play (as I have to get a parcel out in the post)

Hi everyone - it’s all a bit new and scary! lol :smile:

6 Likes

Hello all, I’m having a wonder around, it’s a bit like starting a new job and don’t yet know the lay of the land and where the loo’s or canteen is :)… oooh we get smilies :smile:

Jan x

Edited … just trying it out :smile:

9 Likes

I moved 3 posts to a new topic: Getting back to folksy.com

2 Likes

100 new people have been enabled today! Welcome welcome!

If you’re still having trouble finding your way around after reading the first post in this topic, please use the Meta Category for asking questions about how the forums work.

The FAQs from last week are answered here, and I’ll keep updating it:
Tips for getting started on the forums

3 Likes

OOp it’s kinda strange but fun all the same, wonder where my avatar is…

1 Like

Got the avatar, will have to find my way around, this is fun, I like new stuff! Hi everyone, lol !!

1 Like

Hi @talulahblue
Glad you found how to update your avatar! :smile:

Lost already lol.

My name is Karen and along with my 14 year old son, i make jewellery to raise money for Yorkhill Childrens Charity. We call it Caledonian Charms.

Stop by and see if there’s anything you like :smile:

https://beta.folksy.com/shops/caledoniancharms

4 Likes

Hello! This Folksy Forum thing is all a bit new and exciting isn’t it!

Anyway, I’m Natalie, pleased to meet you all :smile: I make/sell jewellery with real flowers in (in the little bits of spare time I get from looking after my two little boys - 18 months and nearly 3)

Looking forward to having a read through all these boards and posts.

6 Likes

Hello … I am Gerda , I have been selling on Folksy for over 2 years ! I make fabric bags - pencil cases - mini bags for little girls - purses - bunting - etc. ! Any spare time I make some of my own clothes ! You are welcome to follow me on FB ( can I mention this ?? )

Gerda x

8 Likes

Er… how long has there been a forum thingy on here? Feeling stoopid, hadn’t noticed it before!

I’m Tracey from https://beta.folksy.com/shops/prettiesjewellery. I make jewellery, mostly using natural stones, but there seems to be quite a demand for my themed bracelets and bookmarks too.
I’m a bit of a technophobe but am rather proud to have figured out how to open a folksy shop!

Looking forward to chatting with some of you here x

4 Likes

Hi Tracey, you’ve probably not noticed the old forum as it’s a bit hidden away. This is the brand new forum, most people have only got access to it today, so you wouldn’t have seem it before. Welcome to Folksy forum-land, it’s fun here! :smiley:

Well, I’m in and I must say I love it! I love that it’s so colourful too :smiley: It was really easy setting up my profile details and avatar, took me less than 5 minutes just now and it’s very easy to navigate around.

I’m really impressed!

Natalie (an old forumer) xx

1 Like