šŸ‘‹ Welcome to the Folksy Forums (Read Me)! Introduce yourself here :)

I make fabric sculptures for the home and garden. They are hardened so can stay outside in rain and even snow.
It is taking me a long time to get a good number of sculptures listed, please pop back to see what I have made.

1 Like

Just had a cuppa browsing your shop and your work is stunning; unique and stylish. I will certainly keep an eye on your shop to view your new designs!

Morning everyone, my fingers are cold! Just to say that Iā€™ve written a list of all the blogging, social media and just generally really helpful, encouraging and time saving resources Iā€™ve used in the past 12 months to try and start building a creative business. Itā€™s free on my blog - take a look and Iā€™ll email to you!
http://www.gidsyandjo.co.uk/resource/

Hi Iā€™m Lucy of https://folksy.com/shops/Lucyeatonart and I make little fabric floral brooches in lovely fabrics. I also love to paint flowers, oils and acrylics on canvas. Iā€™ve just opened my folksy shop this evening, everybodyā€™s shops look lovely Iā€™ve just been having a browse!

1 Like

Hi and welcome Lucy! Your shop is absolutely lovely; the colours are, well, as fresh as the flowers! Will keep popping over from TwibellArts to gaze at your designs! Serena

Thank you so much serena, your garlands are absolutely lovely! Lucy

1 Like

Hi all I started a Folksy shop over a year ago but didnā€™t really get the hang of it. Will admit was new to the selling game and didnā€™t use Twitter then or have the shop now link on my fb page. Having these additional net working aids now and hopefully my photo skills have improved a little over the past year I decided to give it another go encouraged by the e mail I received from Folksy to list 20 items free of charge. if anyone has time would appreciate a visit to my shop and any feedback you may have. Thanks very much. Hereā€™s the link to my shop https://folksy.com/shops/hopscotchlane

Hi

My shop has been open for over 2 weeks now and no sales, can someone help me out please with some ideas of what I can do to improve anything if needed.

Thank you

Rachel

Good morning! You have some lovely creations in your shop; a variety of colour and designs so the choice is there. I have a struggle with photos; I know what I want to achieve but it never turns out the way I picture it! Your photos are lovely and sharp and bright (not like mine on occassion, but Iā€™m learning!) my only comment would be close-upsā€¦especially to see, for example, the fabulous embellishments on the bag. You do have a great shop and I look forward to seeing more of your designs!

Handcrafted cards is a competitive sector, so donā€™t expect a load of sales immediately (Iā€™ve been here 5 years and just made it to 50 sales!). In terms of listings, you might want to take more than one photo. Your descriptions donā€™t state if there is a message inside or a blank insert. What size are the cards? Do they come in a cellophane packet? I assume that they come with an envelope, but you havenā€™t confirmed that. These are things people want to know before they buy, because they canā€™t see and feel a card like they can in a shop. Make sure you take advantage of adding as many tags as you can. Imagine if you were looking for a card, how you might search for it, what words would you use - then add them as tags.
Hope that helps. Good Luck!

Alison

Thanks Alison

That is some good advice and I will take that into consideration, I am no good when it comes to describing things in detail :frowning:

Rachel

Ok well, itā€™s been a while since I last used Folksy - thought Iā€™d try again now i have a more coherant branding etc, and also time to do this. :smiley: Bit confused by it all but hopefully Iā€™ll get the hang of it. Also I do keep getting pages crashing on me - not sure if itā€™s my computer or not though! Either way lovely to be part of the community again x

2 Likes

Hi sorry only just replying left for work at 06.45 this morning and just sat down to the lap top. Thank you for visiting my shop and for your lovely comments! I have been practising with my photos and they are getting better slowly but you are right need to do some close ups. Thanks again :blush:

1 Like

Hello there! I am finding my feet on Folky and I am finding it all rather exciting! I know I have a lot to learn and I want to keep making improvements but I am so glad I took the plunge and set up my shop. All I need to do now is make a sale!

https://folksy.com/shops/AnnaLomasCreations

1 Like

Hi,
Iā€™m Doriana, not very old and not very new on Folksy. I like to say about myself that I am a sew-aholic :smile:
I am making toys.This is my site www.doricica.com

Hope you like them :wink:

Welcome to a familiar face :slight_smile: Pages never crashed for me, only issue I have ever had is photoā€™s dont like to upload on new listings if i try do more than 2 at once before they have loaded.

Hi people

Iā€™ve been a member of Folksy for about 4 months now, and the going is slow. Iā€™ve created a product ā€˜My little glow boxā€™, which is, I believe unique. Iā€™m an inventor at heart, so design and art have only come to me recently.

The main problem is that iā€™ve created a product video, which is currently on you tube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4xdwF32pao), but i have found it just gets lost with the millions of other videos. Just wondering if anyone else has had any marketing success from this medium.

Apologies if iā€™ve shoved this comment in the wrong section.

Alex

Hi everyone! :slight_smile:

Have been on Folksy since September, but have only just joined this talk group today, so Iā€™m pretty new to all of this.
Just thought Iā€™d pop over and say hello and to introduce my shop to you all.

:slight_smile:

www.folksy.com/shops/Gingercatbeads

1 Like

Hi

I am completely new here and have just listed my first two items so this is all a new and exciting experience for me, I have been looking at all the beautiful things that you have all been making, so much talent

1 Like

Hi! Iā€™m new to all this!
I listed my first items of Jewellery about 2 weeks ago! I really love the Folksy shops, there are so many amazing products and talented people on here.
A few years ago I attended a silver smithing workshop which I really enjoyed. I have since attended Wire Work courses at my local college and thoroughly enjoyed creating pieces of Jewellery. I have also been to many beading workshops. I love to combine all the different techniques I have gained from these classes. Iā€™m looking forward to getting more involved in the forums and learning from everyone.
Any advice or feedback would be most welcome.:purple_heart: