šŸ‘‹ Welcome to the Folksy Forums (Read Me)! Introduce yourself here :)

Hi there 1st time on here, just learning the ropes.

1 Like

Hi everyone, Iā€™m Karen from Pedroā€™s Plaques & Pretty Things. Iā€™m new to Folksy and looking forward to hopefully getting to know some of you a bit better as I figure my way around! I sell hand painted plaques plus crochet hooks and other notions for crafters :slight_smile:

Hi, my sister and I run Cocoapod and have just joined Folksy. If you need any personalised chocolates for any occasion please come and have a look. All handmade in south east London.

1 Like

A-M here, Iā€™ve just joined Folksy as Canalside Creations although I did once have a dollhouse miniature shop years and years ago before small children stopped the miniature side of things.

These days I make colourful childrenā€™s coat hooks with help from Mr CC who does the woodwork. Iā€™ve still got loads more coat hooks to add, but itā€™s past 9pm and I am going to bed! So rock n roll right here.

1 Like

Welcome Anne-Marie @CanalsideCreations. Loved your Pinterest Board.
SallyAnn xxx

1 Like

Hiya! Iā€™ve joined Folksy recently as ā€˜Rachel Mammone Paintsā€™ - really excited to be selling on here and looking forward to shopping on here too!

1 Like

Hi, I love the cards in your shop and especially your styleā€¦that is amazing and the colours are so vivid too. I am new on here so hoping to promote my stuff a litle but would also love to help others if I can. Hope all is going good for you.

HELLO!!! Just opened my first Folksy shop! Very exciting experience indeed :slight_smile: so manu beautifully crafted items, so many choices! Just figure i could do some stuff with a laser cutter and good old old elbow grease with some paint, might as well join the club :smiley:
I make hand painted laser engraved acrylic keyrings, so please visit my shop xx

Hi all,

Giving folksy a second go. Thought it time I broadened my horizons.

Hopefully there is a market on folksy for my wares.:pray::pray:
Which is Rustic furniture from reclaimed wood.
https://folksy.com/shops/ScruffyBobsEmporium

2 Likes

Hi everyone, just set up a folksy shop and have no idea what Iā€™m doing at the moment! Hoping to find my feet soon!

2 Likes

Hello I have discovered Folksy through a Facebook group and though I would give it a go. I enjoy book binding such as making notebooks and small journals, I am completely self taught and decided that maybe I should try and sell a few, so here goes.

1 Like

Hello! Iā€™ve always crafted, even as a child I was always making things and can never remember learning how to knit and sew as I started so young. Iā€™ve tried lots of other things over the years - more recently cardmaking and papercrafts have taken over from knitting and sewing. I opened my Folksy shop a while ago as I wanted to start and sell some of my items, but life got in the way and I never started selling but thatā€™s going to change soon. Iā€™m hoping to start selling on Folksy early next year and plan on using the next few months to build my stock and learn from the experienced sellers on Folksy.
When Iā€™m not crafting my husband and I love to travel in our campervan - taking my crafting with me for when we have rainy days!
Kath x

1 Like

Hello :wave:
Iā€™m Michelle please call me Shel
I just wanted to say hello :grinning: & properly introduce myselfā€‹:face_with_hand_over_mouth:
My shop Quirky n Cute is fairly new & Iā€™ve been busy trying to set It up over the last few weeks :smile:
Iā€™d be really grateful for any advice tips, help, feedback good or bad :grinning::unamused:

Thank you xx :kissing_heart:

1 Like

Hi Iā€™m Lou Saddington & my shop is Whimsical Bells. Iā€™ve just defected from the ā€˜other oneā€™ over to Folksy and looking forward to a bit more success on this platform (hopefully)! All my goods are sewn, the bits up at the moment are quilting or bag making but Iā€™ll be adding my Christmas bits soon which include some hand sewn felt ornaments! Hopefully Iā€™ll get chatting on these forums but thought Iā€™d add to here to introduce myself! Thanks Lou

1 Like

Hi Iā€™m Jane of Jane Booth Ceramics https://folksy.com/shops/janebooth0
I make hand thrown, functional pottery - mainly mugs, bowls and jugs. My aim is to make your favourite mug :smiley:. I work in terracotta clay and use my own glazes and sometimes add ceramic transfers.

1 Like

Hi everyone. Iā€™ve just started on Folksy today. I create crochet bags and accessories. Iā€™ve started with a few bags and will be adding more along with hats and scarves in the coming weeks. Feeling nervous and excited right now, really donā€™t know what to expect. So much talent and beautiful work on the site though.
Jammymich Crochet

1 Like

Hi to all ā€œFolksy folkā€ my name is is Tanya.
Painting and creating things have always been part of my life I started by watching my Granny in her studio paint and make jewelry to slowly being allowed to create a piece /painting or two
I have combined my love of painting and jewellery to make unique items.
And now I am a Granny am able to ā€œcreateā€ more and I have little helpers to

1 Like

:heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

thanks any indication of where I should start. I would be so appreciatve.

Hi! Iā€™m no ā€œSellingā€ expert (plenty on here tho) Ok, as an art teacher of 11-16 year olds- my advice & main aimā€¦gain as many skills as you can (Drawing, I feel is the back bone of most things we do) Practise, practise, practise. Set yourself challenges that appeal to you- draw or make what you love. Look at whatā€™s around you from every angle possible. Find your style by trying lots of styles and techniques. In terms of what to sell? Research, whats already out there- you can compete or go it alone. I sell, purely to allow me to keep making. If I am lucky, like this month and sell a few of my pots- I can justify buying another bag of clay to make more. I make what I love, what makes me smile, items I can use and I try to improve my skills with each piece. I hope this helps a little- Make, create for you x

2 Likes