What are you reading?

I havnt read a full book for about 4 years, none seems to take my fancy, but seeing as I bought 3 books th eother day I need to get started again. Im reading a Dexter book(that American tv series that hasn’t been on for ages) and its going well. I also bought Death on the NIle and a book by/on Edmund Hilary.

1 Like

I could be completely wrong, but is the Dexter book about Dexter Morgan, the killer @GrimmExhibition ? I’m re-watching that, I love it and never knew it was a book series!

I’ve just finished The Hunger Games, really enjoyed it so tried to find something similar and ended up with City of Bones… not enjoying that so much, which is a shame because I adore reading and haven’t done so much of it recently because of that book!

One of my favourite series are the Devine By Series written by P.C Cast. Not normally what I go for, and it’s a little bit weird and mythical but they’re a very good series!

1 Like

@SophiesHandmadeBabyBoutique Yep, that’s the one. I loved the series too but it hasn’t been on tv for years, they keep saying itl be back but never is. Ive wanted the book/s for ages(I assume thers more than one) so I saw it for 50p and treated myself.

@ Glehcar: Well Rachel, it was interesting to know a bit more about what he was like, and the conditions people lived in, for instance I hadn’t realised that leprosy was a problem in South America at that time. On the other hand he comes across as brash, a bit manipulative, and sexist, I can’t say I liked him much though of course he was quite young then. Maybe something to get out of the library rather than to buy?

1 Like

Thank you, I have seen it on eb** at 99p so might have a look at that. :smiley:

I’ve just started ‘Missing you’ by Harlan Coben, he’s books are always a good read. I think I’ve read nearly all of them so far! :smile:

and my favourite book is ‘Birdsong’ by Sebastian Faulks, love his books too! :smile:

I’m still slogging away through everything Stephen King ever wrote, I’m reading Duma Key at the moment which is good :smiley: but I really enjoyed his Richard Bachman stuff. It was so different to his usual style of writing :grinning:

Bush Town Blues by Nina Jones

Been on it for over a month now. A few pages a day :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I’m reading ‘Wildwood’ by Colin Meloy, it’s more of a children’s novel/trilogy but it’s great so far, making me want to read The Neverending Story again!
Also reading ‘A Week in Paris’ by Rachel Hore which is good so far, liked her later novels so hoping this is just as good.
Looking forward to Kate Morton’s new book coming out in a few months too! Would recommend all of her books!

Broken Harbour by Tana French- quite good so far, I’m about halfway through.

I have just finished The Girl in the Photograph by Kate Riordan, I was completely sucked in! It was so good!
If you like atmospheric stories with different running timelines then you will love this :slight_smile:

1 Like

I was reading a book on Edmund Hilary but its less grabbing than it was, I have loads of books to read so I may start Papillon.

Just finished reading ‘J’ by Howard Jacobson. A disturbing thought provoking read with a good mix of history, politics & critic of human nature. Now started to read Dickens ‘David Copperfield’ and looking forward to getting into a fine classic again.

Nearly finished A perfect heritage by Penny Vincenzi. It’s about a famous beauty company that has gone into decline and how they are trying to build it back up. Actually has some good marketing tips in it, if only I had the same budget!

The Well. A dystopian tale. It’s quite different, and pretty good so far.

Just started reading Killing Floor by Lee Child, not quite sure how I feel about it yet!

1 Like

I was rooting through the bookcase and came across a box set of James Herriot - I am reliving being a child sat in front of the TV watching the series - not quite on the same scale as classics but they are lovely.

1 Like

I have just finished Dead Zone by Stephen King. I always thought Stephen King wrote purely horror but this one was a bit different and I thoroughly recommend it. It was one of those books that you are desperate to get to the end of it to find out what happens but then you are disappointed when it’s finished!

1 Like

I love James Herriott, the TV series and the books. I don’t often read books a second time but I don’t think I will ever get bored of reading James Herriott.