What are you reading?

We read Gemmell here too along with fiest, pratchett, McCaffery in her early years, Trudi Canavan is one of my favourites too and if you like Gemmell have you tried Terry Goodkind.
I dont do ereaders though I like a paper book :smiley:

3 Likes

Yup lol I have read Anne McCaffrey, Trudy Canvan and Terry Goodkind :smile:
They are all on this laptop somewhere. I have somewhere near 100,000 ebooks and really need to sort them out. I brough a couple of CDā€™s full off ebay and if anyone wants a copy Iā€™d be glad to send you them for the price of postage :slight_smile: The files do need sorting out first though :blush:
Donna x

1 Like

Iā€™m in the middle of trudi caravan iv.Sooooo spelt that wrong.
Iv got about four books on the go at once.

Trudi is brilliant canā€™t wait to start the next. Set of books.

Iv got a kindle but I really donā€™t like it.
Itā€™s in the bottom of my sock draw.

Iv read all the game of throne books they are brilliant and iv seen all so far of the seasons. They are both great.
Must admit Iā€™m also reading as well as watching the walking dead.
The graphic novels are great and I love the series.

1 Like

I pick up a Discworld book when Scand-Noir gets a bit too much :slight_smile: And then there is always Stephen King.

4 Likes

Stephen King is good. one of my first books was pet cemetery. Itā€™s fantastic

Me too, the first one of his I read! :slight_smile: My fave is Rose Madder, but he is just so good and so prolific, I love them all.

I love my kindle - much easier to hold while lying in bed. I have recently read lots of CJ Sansom and they are all really big and difficult to hold while lying down! I do read paper books as well.

Never ever read a Stephen King, I am scared of being scared. I did have a ereader but put it on ebay last week as unloved, unusable and unwanted (didnt even know if it worked properly ) I got Ā£30 for it maybe you could try that @hobbitgirlie1880:)

Iā€™ll think on that one.
It keeps my very lonely socks company :smiley:

1 Like

I was sat in the waiting room a little time ago with my mother in law, we had both taken a book knowing it would be a long wait. I was suddenly aware of my MIL tutting loudly. When I asked her what was the matter she started laughing, she had been tapping the page to turn over - that used to her Kobo she had tried the same method on a paperback. lol Rachel

2 Likes

Oh yes Stephen King is amazing, I read cujo recently, itā€™s so very sad as well as creepy.
Lol Rachel Iā€™ve done that myself, and I have tried tapping my laptop screen to click on things in the past lol There is just too much touch screen tech in the world lol

2 Likes

Thatā€™s so funny.
Must be so easily done though.

1 Like

For anyone who likes Stephen King Iā€™m reading Nos4a2 at the moment, by his son Joe Hill, heā€™s a chip off the old block,( recommend so far 150pp in)

2 Likes

I have just read ā€˜The Taxidermists Daughterā€™ by Kate Mosse, its a ghoulish in parts and did make me cringe when reading these parts but it was a great book. I have read most of her other books and I have loved those. I am now two thirds way through ā€˜The Miniaturistā€™ by Jessie Burton, it certainly keeps drawing me back to it.

I may have to look into those. My friend wonts me to read fifty shades of grey but itā€™s really not my kind of book.I did try reading it. But it took about three weeks to read 1. Chapter cos I couldnā€™t get into it.
Iv just finished war horse. And iv started a Brent weeks book. Canā€™t remember what it is called.
Hopefully itā€™s as good as his assisting trilogy.

Frankenstein By Mary Shelly only because my son is reading it and will be taking it for his G.C.S.Eā€™s.

Frankinstien is fantastic book.
Are you enenjoying it

I did read Fifty Shades of Grey, just to see what the fuss was all about, but I found it boring. So donā€™t even bother, there are plenty of brilliant books out there to read. Happy reading.

2 Likes

Iā€™m glad Iā€™m not the only one who has found it boring.
Canā€™t see what the fuss is about either.
But now my sister wants me to go see the film.
My answer was no