What categories/sub-categories would you like to see on Folksy?

Any chance of its own category though?
Especially with so many pet owners out there.
Pet accessories even, but all the pet items are under home and garden.
@folksycontent

Hi Marie. Clutch bags is up and should be available for you to start filling!

1 Like

Hi @folksycontent - I just noticed something about the boxes when viewing the listings under the categories - for some reason I always thought the boxes were all the same size and square; so that all rows ended up being the same size. I can see today that some boxes are taller than others, sometimes because a shop name is longer or a title of a product is longer, and sometime it looks like the image is a different shape (eg rectangular not square).

I don’t know if this is a new thing, just pointing it out in case it’s a bug . It makes my listing for example, look larger than the ones each side, because my shop name is longer and so my box takes up an extra line. I always thought that if that happened, your shop name was shortened and a ‘…’ added. Or of course i could be entirely mistaken and it’s always been like this and I have just never noticed…

PS I am using google chrome as my browser.

I would love to see coat or clothes hangers, please

Thank you x x x

Thank you for the “Quilled” categories could we have sub titles to include “Animals” on “Quilled Art”?

Hi Camilla,
I can find my Quilled Art items if I manually select them
but they don’t show if I select them from the drop down menu? Thanks

Sorry Janice! I’ve added the extra subcategories now, so if you add your items into the correct ones they should show up in the menu. If they don’t show up after you’ve recategorised them, it might be that our database needs a few hours to update.

Could we have a top level category of Children please @folksycontent. And then sub categories of Children’s art, Children’s Homeware, Children’s clothing? I know Clothing and accessories already has a children and babies sub category, but maybe that could be migrated to a new position, as I do think a whole separate top level category of babies and children might be useful.

If that’s too big a change to the site structure, could we have a sub category of Children’s art under the Art section?

Thanks

Heidi

Thank you very much.

‘Drawstring Bags’ or ‘Fabric Bags’ please
I currently list mine under Clothing and Accessories-sleeves and bags but I don’t think they really fit that category.

Many thanks :slight_smile:

Any chance of something for the dog section.
I have dog cowls and dog coats that I don’t know where to put. @folksycontent

I’ve added a Dog Snood section @Amberlilly - does that help?
Looking at the searches, snood seemed like the best term to use but I’ve added cowl and neck warmer into the description.
Here’s the new subcategory if you want to start filling it and linking to it https://folksy.com/home_garden/garden_pets/dog-snoods

Thanks Camilla, excellent!

Could we have a pastels section under ART please. @folksycontent

There is watercolour and acrylics but nothing for pastel paintings. Unless they are classed under a different section? Thank you.

Could we have Shell Art and Rock Art in the art section please?
Also Hand Painted Cards as sub category for greeting cards?

Hi @folksycontent - any chance of a handmade books category please? Perhaps with subsections for children, guest books, planners, notebooks, sketchbooks, personalised, etc? :slight_smile:

Totally with you on that one. A great suggestion that we hope gets listened to

Dave and Dos

1 Like

How about something for fused glass under ‘art’ - at the moment there’s Christmas which you can slide a few things into, but in January that will disappear! Also wonder if there could be a change re suncatchers - at the moment there’s home decorations which has a sub category of STAINED glass suncatchers, but could this be changed to hone decorations > suncatchers then with subs of stained glass and fused glass separately? Otherwise they have to be wrongly put in the stained glass suncatchers category, or else under the more general ‘hanging decorations’ catagory!

A suggestion… under Sleeves & Bags, I’d like to see Shoulder Bags and/or Crossbody bags.
Currently I put my crossbody bags under either ‘Tote Bags’, or ‘Handbags’ which are not really correct.
The category ‘Everything Else’ seems a bit too random for my bags so I have not been using it.