What do you do to keep motivated?

I’m having one of those days, I can’t seem to concentrate on what I’m supposed to be doing, I keep hopping from one job to another and getting distracted!
What does everyone else do when they feel like this?

I probably take a break and do something completely different. I tell myself I’ll be more productive once I do get back to what I’m ‘supposed’ to be doing!

2 Likes

Can’t advise you, I’m afraid, I totally fail to stay motivated at all times, and do displacement activities like writing this post when my bedroom curtains are waiting to be completed!..I suppose I’ll have to get to it now…

5 Likes

I make a list of what I have to do, then make myself complete at least 3 tasks off the list, and then reward myself with chocolate :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Like Sonia, I tend to just do something else for a while. My problem isn’t motivation, but the fact I don’t get time to do anything round the children. I just have to fit in making around them - usually once they have gone to bed. No wonder I am always shattered!

PS Love your way of doing things Sara Leigh!

2 Likes

lol @DandelionsGallery I may have to try your chocolate idea :slight_smile:

1 Like

I just think of the money in the bank…lol

2 Likes

:slight_smile: I have to admit Brenda that does help :slight_smile:
I have managed to get all my orders done today inspite of my wondering mind. I think I must have earned a mocha and some chocolate now :smile:

3 Likes

chocolate is good…mine’s a cuppa though

In reality I flit from one thing to another without actually finishing anything.
Or hibernate under a duvet with chocolate.
In theory - and what I always know I should do but rarely follow through - is go for a walk to clear my head, which usually involves a park with ducks and squirrels.

Sarah x

1 Like

go for a walk outside it freshens me up and I feel better. You don’t need a dog but it helps as more people speak to you!

Distraction usually happens to me when the pressure is off, so I walk my dog or spend a day in a book.
I find listening to audio books when working can really help keep me engrossed , that and lists.

Yay! I am an Expert at displacement activities, Christine!

Not so hot on the “ways to stay motivated” though. Try promising yourself a reward, in return for getting started on a task. You may well find you get going, become interested and then forget to be un-motivated (often happens to me)!

If I’m getting studio bound I pick up a sketchbook and pencil and head out.

Watching nature reminds me that life goes on and time is precious :wink:

1 Like