What Have You Planned For Next Year

It’s very difficult, I think different birds would be a great idea, yours have plenty of lovely detail, I’m sure you’ll do well. Maybe concentrate on 2 or 3 areas, I lost it for a while and added pictures and other bits to my shop but I’m now thinking of taking them all out. For 4.5 years I made bears and everyone knew what I did then I started adding other bits but felt I was losing my identity, however I also needed a change so I now make Bears, Dolls and embroidered gifts. People are now starting to recognise me for all 3 but it’s enough variation. If you chose a couple of product areas and concentrate on those people will soon recognise you as the ‘Bird lady’ etc lol.
Price wise…‘beaniehats’ are right, your prices are not too expensive and yes you could consider increasing. I was told if prices are too cheap then customers think there’s a reason they’re cheap. I don’t make a wage and hardly any profit as my items cost so much to make so I’m trying to add some new ideas in dolls that may be more affordable to make and sell alongside my others. It’s a shame the fairies havn’t had interest, I’m really surprised to be honest.
My most popular items on Folksy are my embroidered pincushions possibly because they can be given as gifts. Can your birds be made into gifts? like the cake toppers you made perhaps, could they hold little banners with Happy Birthday etc on then sell them in gift boxes for weddings, 40th, birthdays etc, you could really go to town with some of the embellishing which you would probably enjoy doing as well. Here’s to all our new designs and makes next year Karen x

Thanks Debby, I do make my birds as gifts and I also had success on Etsy, when I did them as cake toppers for weddings. I have also done with small hearts with messages but there is only so much you can fit on a heart, lol. I will think about that more and perhaps get some different ribbon with messages. It also makes sense to concentrate on only a few themes. Thanks again

1 Like

Bird hangers for xmas trees etc and Garlands
Bird mobiles, Cushion covers, Bird pincushions
Flamingo’s, chicks, swans … my head is buzzing with bird ideas! maybe I’ll take notice and make bear related things :grin::grinning: next year!

1 Like