What's the largest amount of new listings you've done in one session?

I’ve had a marathon listing session this evening - 30 new items, spread between my two shops, plus editing quite a few listings with updated photos…my eyes are dropping out of my head now from staring at my laptop screen for so long!

But it’s sooooo much quicker listing and editing nowadays :smiley: I remember when I first joined Folksy how long a listing could take (especially if you got a photo that didn’t want to load!) It’s really quick and easy now :smile:

It probably would have been even quicker if I hadn’t kept peeking at Facebook LOL!

I have actually listed a larger number than that before, and I still have items I could list tonight, but my concentration is disappearing now!

What’s the biggest number of items you’ve listed in one go?

3 Likes

Think my maximum was 7.
I do try to list something every day (I glass nearly every day so that is possible) .
By the time I’ve prepared photos, set up Folksy listing, shared on my Facebook page, listed on Craftjuice,added to my facebook catalogue if a new design, etc etc I don’t think I could cope with 30 !
You must be exhausted :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m very patient - even when first starting my shop I think it was no more than six or seven - try to limit myself to one or two a day now to get through the week!

1 Like

I usually try to spread them out, but had got behind with listing as I’d been concentrating on commission work, so needed a big listing session to catch up :slight_smile:

1 Like

Must have been around the 30 mark when we first opened.

Know it took ages and all the photography was a mammoth task. Reasoning being that is that we sell our prints in a mount but store them without, so every image had to be placed into mounts, ( one of each, black or cream), also into frames and then shot and all extracted back for storing. We were so glad when they were all uploaded :joy:

1 Like

That’s my problem too @littleRamstudio - it’s easier to store my encaustics and line paintings flat, but they look better photographed mounted, and I want to get as many as possible listed as sold with mounts now. For the time being I am photographing new paintings without a mount, and putting the unmounted price, and then when I get the time I’ll re-do the photos with the mounts, and edit the pics and prices. I find it less of a mammoth task that way.

Probably 5 or 6, when I first opened my IT skills were a lot worse (and they’re not brilliant now) so I’d had enough after listing a few and left the rest until another day. I find the longest thing now is taking/editing photos so tend to do a lot at once and keep them in a folder by date.

1 Like

My email from Folksy telling what was expiring today had 66 items in it - I was obviously very organized and keen 4 months ago today.

3 Likes

Like you Dandelions, I did a mammoth list at the weekend, with about 34 new bangles being uploaded. I have to fit my Folksy shop in with normal work (as I’m sure a lot of people do!) and I teach, so when the school holidays come around I tend to do a bulk upload of things I’ve made in the previous months…It’s not ideal!

In fact I think I should set myself a new target of listing at least 2 new items a week. It would keep things “fresh”, and would be FAR less time consuming. Although, as others have said it is SO much quicker and user-friendly listing things now. I love the improvements!!

1 Like

30??? Eeek, by the time I have prepared my photos, written adjective heavy descriptions, done all the measurements and defined postage rates I lose the will to live if I’ve done 3! What’s your secret??

1 Like

I do a lot of art work of the same size, so if I do, say 12 ACEOs I can just copy the first listing, then edit the details, but the main layout of the listing is the same for sizes, postage etc :slight_smile:

I do find it takes much longer when I have larger items to list as I have to do the measuring, work out different postage rates etc.

If I’m in the right mood and know I can spare an hour or 2 just fr listing then I can zoom through it :smile: