Who are your influencers?

I like to follow @justacard they definitely blowing the trumpet for the handmade community.

3 Likes

Aww that’s lovely. I’m so happy to have inspired you to start drawing. :black_heart:

1 Like

The only magazine I’ve been reading recently is LandLove which I picked up by chance through work a few months ago. It’s all about British countryside things which I love… quite Folksy-ish in content I think.

http://www.landlove.com

1 Like

I like to read Craft and Design online magazine http://www.craftanddesign.net/online/

I’ve been reading it for years since the days when it was called Craftsman magazine (how times have changed for the better!)

It has really good interviews with some of the leading crafters in their fields and also reviews events and has list of upcoming events.

I would love to see Folksy have some kind of affiliation with them.

1 Like

By the very nature of our individual crafting skills and preferences, we probably don’t seek out trends to follow! If anything, that question should maybe go to people who don’t make things - which Folksy creative person influences and inspires you! :grinning:

5 Likes

I like to think the other makers/artists I follow on Social Media don’t influence my work too much, I’m sure they do in some way, but I always strive not to magpie and to do my own thing. However, I am influenced by various pages linked to interesting themes, and history, pages based around vintage films, toy collections, vintage fashion, witchcraft, cryptids, myth, fairytales… etc. Whenever I read about interesting themes it always sparks up an image in my mind.

But I think most of my influences come from outside social media.

Influencers is a new way of marketing. I think with so much information out there, people are looking for easier ways to make decisions about buying. I don’t know how popular and effective it will be, time will tell.

Any update from @folksycontent on this? Have you spotted any influencers that could help us & Folksy?