Your thoughts about something that doesn’t seem quite right

Hi folks ever had a customer contact that seems a little off ? Not on here I should add…

Gentlemen quite keen to buy a lampshade and send me a picture of the lamp but very insistent that he cannot work out how to a attach a picture to a message within the marketplace messaging and thus needs either my email or mobile (?!?) to send a picture.

I have replied that I only communicate within the marketplace messaging and am still trying to be helpful sending lampshade examples on various lamps I have.

Now this gentleman may be absolutely genuine but from the 2nd message he’s been asking for my email/mobile and it feels a bit ‘off’ - I have shown hubby the message thread and he says absolutely do not and agrees something seems strange.

I should add I’m a very experienced online seller and well used to dealing with commissions but for some reason my ‘spider senses ‘ are tingling!!!

Your input welcome folks x

1 Like

I think it is always best to go with your senses. If you feel it is not right, just say again you only communicate via marketplace messaging. It may be a genuine sale you lose, but you will keep your piece of mind.

2 Likes

well that sure makes my NO WAY radar go off!

1 Like

I’d leave well alone. You might otherwise get a photo of a very odd lampshade
:slight_smile:

6 Likes

Lol my thought exactly

Well I see some of you share my reservations!
Of course this may be perfectly innocent and this gentleman might be mortified if he knew of my concerns so I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt ( but not my email or phone number…)

2 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl: oh Joy, made me laugh

1 Like

this made me spit me tea…:rofl:

1 Like

I had a contact through my website earlier in the week asking Did I want a male model as he’d like to give it a go. Said he thought the male body [and one specific part of it I’m not mentioning here…] was under-represented in art.

I was relieved he hadn’t attached any evidence of his ‘credentials’ too!

Trust your ‘scam antennae’, I would.

5 Likes

eeewwwww yuck

1 Like

I would 100% not give him your mobile number. I would be tempted to give him Folksys email and ask Folksy to pass the photo on to you

1 Like

Some email services allow you to create a ‘temporary’ email address, which can then easily be deleted afterwards. I certainly wouldn’t give out my usual email address or mobile number if I had any doubts - usually that ‘gut feeling’ is pretty accurate!

1 Like

he never came back after my " marketplace message only " reply ….

Instincts are usually right !

1 Like