August Amigos Daily Listers Challenge Thread 1st t 31st August

Good morning all - hope all is well :slight_smile:

All loved/pinned to here - will pop back throughout the day.

Could I pick your collective brains as a relative new comer? Are you only supposed to re-list items once they have/are about to expire or can you use it as a tool to push your items back up the list? I ask because, the earrings I added yesterday have in just 24 hours been pushed back to page 6 and I noticed that the earrings ‘in front’ of me were added by just 3 or 4 shops and I wondered if I’d just been unlucky and a couple of sellers had a lot of things that needed re-listing or if they’d re-listed to improve their position in search. I’m not sure what the ‘done’ thing is or if I’m missing a trick and could be making extra use of my sparkling new Plus account :smile:

Today I will mostly be investigating Twitter - we have a ‘sister’ site to the main photography sites, that we acquired with its own Twitter account and have never done anything with. First I have to see if I can log on, then see if I can work out how to use it. If all’s good I’ll probably open my own account for me and the jewellery.

Anyway - a pair of blue gemstone and crystal Sterling earrings from me today;

2 Likes

Karen @silvertreejewellerydesign - with the plus account you can relist as often as you like (limited to once a day) so it is one of the advantages of the plus account that you can re list your entire shop every day if you wish and it will move them up the ‘recently listed’ search which I believe is the default search. I tend to re list a few items at a time (when I remember) probably relisting my whole shop over the period of about a week.

1 Like

@silvertreejewellerydesignKaren - I tend to just relist a few items at a time when I think to do it. Some shops relist a lot in one go so it means that your items get pushed down. I also worry that if I was to relist too many items each day people on here would be put off and turn away from your shop.

Hi @beaniehats and Roz @OrchardFelts - thanks for your advice. I know you have to push your stock, but I didn’t want to look too pushy :confused: I added everything to my shop before ‘opening’ it, so in effect listed everything in one go. That means there are items that have just been sitting there for almost 4 months - maybe it’s time I started to re-list some of the older items before they reach their expiration date.

Karen @silvertreejewellerydesign, I’m with Roz and Beanie. I have a plus account and relist a max of 10 items per day. I choose different items from different sections so they don’t group together.

Hi Sally @LifeCovers - thanks for the advice, especially about them not grouping together. I have to say I felt a bit deflated to see dozens of items from just one seller in front of me and while I understand we all have to look to our own sales, I don’t think I’d like to do that to someone else.

1 Like

The trouble with re listing everything in one go is that as Sally @LifeCovers says they will get clumped together and soon be pushed down the list together. If you do a few at a time then you will have at least one item from your shop near the top for a bit :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s great advice Roz @OrchardFelts and Sally @LifeCovers - I’ve just had a chat with Himself and talked myself into perhaps re-listing one item from each category a day and that means if I have a matching necklace, bracelet and earrings I can re-list them all together (I like symmetry :wink: )

3 Likes

Hi Donna didn’t realise you had scarves. Have never been a scarf person but have started to wear them as I find that warmth from a scarf helps my neck problems. Have just treated myself to a couple of yours.
Looking forward to receiving them.

Gill x

3 Likes

Good afternoon Amigos,
I’m a bit later than usual and first I have to remember to report a sale please @paperchainsandbeads.
The item I listed first thing this morning was on the front page and stayed there for over an hour, so I decided not to bring it here as planned because I would like to see how many views it got just by being on the front page. So here’s something else that I just finished.

https://folksy.com/items/6890786-Peg-bag-in-black-white-and-grey-monochrome

4 Likes

Afternoon all,

Quick listing for today :slight_smile:

1 Like

My new listing for today. I had trouble getting the green looking right against a white background so tried this wooden crate, it seems to capture it well. I also have trouble with turquoise - any photographers out there know why this is the case?

1 Like

A quick re list from me today…

2 Likes

Woohoo - not only does the ‘inherited’ Twitter account work, I’ve also just set up my own - I’m now officially @SilverTreeKaren and i’ve hope you don’t mind I’ve followed a few ‘Amigos’ just to get me started :+1:

5 Likes

Hi Sally @LifeCovers, just had a quick word with my husband, who’s a commercial photographer and teaches product photography, and his immediate response is your lighting - energy saving lightbulbs can cast a terrible blue hue. Obviously if you’re photographing in natural light that’s not the answer :wink: If you want to send me an example of a photo/item you’ve had trouble with I’ll get Keith to take a look.

1 Like

Thanks Karen, have sent you a message.

I’ll see if I can find you and follow…
Kim
x

And I have replied :slight_smile: Keep in touch if you can’t solve it.

Thanks Kim - I’m following you now, so i should pop up :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Maxine @paperchainsandbeads - just wanted to say the card I bought arrived safely. It’s really lovely and I’m very pleased with it - I’ve left appropriate feedback. Thanks too for being my first Twitter follower :smile: