New 'About Me' section!

I have managed to update it using my laptop Camilla @folksycontent and Doug @dougfolksy :slight_smile:

Ditto, I had completed this previously, now need to remember what I put. Can shops open without completing this section now @folksycontent?

You can still access your profile on your dashboard if you want to use elements of that in your new About page. I’m currently writing a blog post that will hopefully explain more.

Because of the way shop set-up works, new sellers will be asked to fill in the new About page after they’ve opened their shops.

We’re also reviewing the dashboard and all the terminology we use when setting up a shop and across the dashboard, so we can make everything more consistent, smoother and easier to find.

5 Likes

Done mine, although I’m not sure if I like the picture or not, have tried a few but can’t make my mind up so it could change. :confused:

Done mine too! I like it!
Going to nose at a few! Lol.

That’s lovely! Just had a nosey!

I think everything looks so tidy and ‘clean’ now. The About page is so easy to do too.

2 Likes

@dougfolksy - I love your “About” - where was the photo taken (and when)??!!

Elaine

Picture is great, very cheering. Love the crocodile cuff mitts!

The blog post is up now, with extra tips and info …

2 Likes

Thank you Lindsay @Amberlilly and Tricia @Xcaliber, loving yours as well :slight_smile:

Cheers Camilla, have used another picture which doesn’t seem so big :sunflower:

I’ve been loving looking at everyone’s “About” section. I can’t wait to get mine done. I was really looking forward to getting in from the day job and creating a display of WIP, haberdashery bits, fabric and thread to photograph and then, when I got home, black clouds had rolled in and it was too dark to make the photography attempt. So disappointing! I guess it’ll have to wait til the weekend now :disappointed:

You could use a picture that you already have for now so that you can fill in the section. Then you can replace the photograph at the weekend when you have done a new one.

1 Like

I love it! - I doubt if many people even noticed the ‘meet the maker’ section. This is so much better.

1 Like

I did think about doing that Kim but I think I’ll wait and do it all at the same time. I’ll have more time to devote to it at the weekend anyway which will hopefully mean I’ll make a better job of it.

1 Like

I have just done mine, its a bit like “This is your Life”, I think it is good to have there, i am just wondrin whether I have put everything that is needed or have I put too much, if anyone has a spare minute to have a look and advise I would be grateful

1 Like

Yay, just logged in, seen this, and 2mins later all done :slight_smile: Thanks @folksycontent and team!

2 Likes

I think your about section is perfect @norfolkwoodcrafts your work space sounds idylic no wonder you enjoy working there each day.

1 Like

When I saw this new feature, I thought it would take me ages to sort it out. But no, it was very simple to do and took no time at all. The only tricky bit was finding a picture I could get to the right size. Not entirely happy with what I have, but will do until I find the time to take something better.
Well done Folksy!
Also loving having a look at everybody’s new pages.

1 Like