Possible voucher scam

Hi everyone, not sure what to make of this. I had my first voucher sale the other day, bit odd I thought as only the £2.50 one which is there so people can make up amounts but not enough to cover anything on its own. I emailed the buyer multiple times to ask for the recipient details to make the voucher perosnal before sending it over but as there was no reply and it has been 3 days, I have now refunded the money.
I don’t know if this was someone who didn’t understand or was it a scam with them hoping they could duplicate the voucher, I really don’t know. The payment was through PayPal.
Anyone else had this happen?

1 Like

I do find that the most likely reason for a non response from a customer is that they have not received your email. Either because they have given you a misspelled email (quite common) or your emails are in their junk mail (very common).

I am interested in how you make sure that each voucher is used only once. Do you number each one you send out. ?
I have such a voucher from an enamalling session in do in a couple of weeks but my voucher has a unique number on it which i quoted when i booked the session.

2 Likes

Just a £2.50 voucher does seem a little ‘iffy’.

My vouchers run in multiples of £10.

I use a random string generator to create a unique alpha-numeric code for each voucher.
I use a spreadsheet to record and control each voucher.

1 Like