September Art chat thread

wow Ailsa! Is this on a stone? it’s absolutely gorgeous!

…and here’s a few more, painted a while back…

…unfortunately there is a bit of flash glare on the picture. All have long since been sold and all were hand painted by us in acrylics on stones.
J.

4 Likes

what fabulous wok on show today…
Re the pencils…until about 5 years ago I had not tried watercolours …I had always preferred the control of pencils and pens…but now I am converted.
I am still trying to learn acrylics…I get more on my face and hands than on the paper…lol…
And WOOHOO, I sold two larger paintings on folksy today…so I am a happy bunny.
Keep showing your lovely work everyone…hope you are not flooded…we didn’t even have any rain here which for Wales is a rare thing…that is why our grass is so green.
Off to do more painting now…back later with today’s listing

3 Likes

Back now with today’s listing…been a busy day…it is a year since I got windows 10 and today it nudged me to upgrade to the NEW windows 10…took over 2 hours …I am feeling clever now because a couple of years ago, I would never have been able to do it.

1 Like

I painted this acrylic in 2011 …one of my first attempts with acrylic…not very good but I have listed it at a reduced price…if it doesn’t sell then I will paint over it…lol

2 Likes

Just a bit of water-colour work done a while ago…
J.

2 Likes

Thats lovely Alisa :slight_smile:
Good luck selling your Acrylic piece Brenda, I think it’s great!

Here’s some of my latest pieces:

1 Like

Lowri…those are fab…don’t forget the crocheter !
Fab painting Ailsa…I am no good at buildings…everyone will tell you that I don’t DO straight !! So I really admire your work.
I managed to do an 8x6 painting today but then got stuck trying to download pics as I updated my windows 10 yesterday and all the settings have changed. I have now sorted it but I wish they would stop making changes…lol…
I will take the pics again tomorrow…sigh…

Here is the painting that I did last night…

Afternoon everyone :wave:. Been busy here sorting demonstrations for my next two classes, they seem to have taken off a bit and I now have 15 in my jewllery class and just been asked if I would be happy to take a bigger class for the next two classes as well ummmm okaaay… so I thought I had better get prepping and make sure I have everything ready and stock ordered etc. They didn’t tell me I had an overbooked class for Monday so I turned up and had a bit of a wobble wondering if I could mange a bigger group, I usually only have 8! especially as we had to swap rooms as there were not enough tables or chairs but all was good in the end though I was a little rushed off my feet trying to give attention to eveyone lol!

Lovely work everyone, those stone are fabulous J.

Brenda, did you know YOU are on the Folksy Best Sellers List!!! Number 29 no less, https://folksy.com/bestsellers. WELL DONE my lovely. PS scarves are marvelous, I have left feedback for you :slight_smile:

1 Like

what?..lol…that’s a first Max…rofl…probably because some kind lady bought two blankets off me yesterday…ha ha…I should go and print that off…lol…
Hope your classes go well

2 Likes

Morning all…or few…ha ha
today I have another snow scene 8x6"

1 Like

today I have another winter watercolour

2 Likes

I think I am talking to myself again, so I will show myself the painting that I did yesterday

1 Like

Waving Brenda, I’m lurking in the background :slight_smile: hopefully I’ll be able to join in a bit more next week, and I’ll definitely be joining in the week after as Stephie’s Sprogs will be back at uni by then :smile:

2 Likes

Here’s a little bit of detailed work…

…actually painted onto a piece of slate, Soon to be finished and sent out.
J,

5 Likes

Ailsa that is lovely and purple glitter is my favourite as everyone else will tell you…can’t fault it.
Waving Stephie…glad you settled on Sprogs…lol…
I have been chasing doctors today…grrr. I took a sample (hubby’s) to be tested on Tuesday…nothing from them…I had told them how in pain he was…thanks to a lovely district nurse that came here this morning for his diabetic review…she chased them up for me…I had to take ANOTHER sample to the doctor (good job I drive as it is 3 miles each way)…and they phoned this afternoon to say that there was a prescription for antibiotics…why couldn’t they have done that on Tuesday…he has been suffering all week.
no wonder I have NO faith in doctors…
So the only thing I had time for today was an aceo…here it is…just listed

1 Like

Ach I’m sorry to hear of your NHS troubles Brenda. It’s such a patchy service - so far we’re ok but I know others who’ve had terrible trouble.

1 Like

afternoon all…today I have another aceo…hope everyone is having a good weekend

afternoon Brenda, lovey landscapes, my favourite is the bottom one so peaceful. Hopefully your hubby is feeling better now. I have spent the whole day in my craft room, making jewellery also did some painting but it was for a scrapbook, school themed, I actually made two so I’ll be listing one next week. Daughter is away on hols so had a quieter few days, but car has been in the garage so needed to get up early to leave for work and home later, it’s back now thankfully but they didn’t find the fault so still a bit worried about driving it.

Waving hi to Stephie :wave:

Gorgeous work J :slight_smile:

1 Like