Shop Noticeboard needed on every page, shop front and individual listing pages

Hi Sally. Could you post a screenshot of the ‘Holiday’ sign you’re seeing - or email it to support@folksy.co.uk?

hi camilla,

here’s the screenshot -my shop is not closed at the mo’, but may need to next week. This is what it looks like in ‘holiday mode’.

would it be possible to consider changing the holiday notice so it doesn’t say ‘away’ anywhere etc.
just that the shop is closed for the moment and will be open soon.

I know we can use announcement section, but if you need to close your shop for whatever reason, the text on the top right still gives the impression that you are away.

thanks for your help.

mine’s working and it couldn’t have come at a better time! :smiley:
thankyou folksy <3

2 Likes

camilla @folksycontent i notice fiona’s (above) also has the same “holiday!” text above her name.

(i have set the “holiday” thingy intentionally @SallyandtheFreckles - i’m away, trapped at my parents house, until i have a floor at home.)

edit:
if i take it out of holiday mode, it’s like

1 Like

Thanks for posting the screenshot Sally. The notification appears when you put your shop in Holiday Mode to let shoppers know that your shop is closed and they can’t order from you. The text has been like that for years I think (not sure when it was created). We could look at changing it to read “This shop is taking a break and won’t be able to process orders” or similar though?

1 Like

Does the announcement appear on every page including items?

Yes it does, right at the top, which to me is the most important thing as lots of traffic goes directly to the listing pages. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

That would be better wording Camilla, I tend to have my shop in ‘Holiday’ mode when I’m at craft fairs which happen more frequently than actual holidays (unfortunately :unamused:) so a general ‘this shop can’t process orders’ notice would be ideal. I’ll definitely be using the noticeboard feature in conjunction with holiday mode as it’ll save me messing about re-writing my tag-line every time I’m unavailable.

4 Likes

hi fiona - i was just telling camilla about the word ‘holiday!’ appearing above name which she said was an error.

1 Like

hi camilla -
i just couldn’t remember seeing the word “holiday!” before above my name that was all.
can the wording at top right just say shop is closed at the moment and will be back soon? etc.
aslo when you look at an individual item is says “this shop is on holiday…” etc - could this be changed too maybe -?
thanks

I’ll second both of those. I don’t like to see the word ‘Holiday’ anywhere where someone can see it and think that means they can come in and burgle my house. Thinking about it … it could invalidate house insurance ??

Hi Joy-
There’s also different information everywhere if it says holiday in some places and different in announcement box. ‘Holiday’ mode can just be ‘closed’ mode.

You can put whatever you want in the announcement, holiday or otherwise but like you I prefer never to use the word holiday anywhere it can be seen by the public so "closed’ is a far safer word in all cases.

1 Like

Aha! I can see it now. It wasn’t where I thought it was. Earlier in the week it was showing ‘Holiday!’ next to the notification. It shouldn’t do that. I’ve passed it on to Doug.

2 Likes

Just to let you know, we’ve updated the copy in the holiday notification now @JOYSofGLASS @SallyandtheFreckles @fionaT @HandmadeByDiane so it now doesn’t mention the word holiday (or away). It just says the shop is on a break and unable to process orders. I hope that’s better.

4 Likes

That’s fantastic Camilla, well done :blush::blush::blush:

1 Like

Thanks so much camilla @folksycontent content - and again for the announcement board. -x-

1 Like

Thank You Camilla (and whichever Techno-whizz made it happen :slight_smile:)

Thank you Folksy. This is a very welcome change of wording.
Maureen.

1 Like