Welcome to the Discourse forum usability test!

Welcome to the Discourse forum usability test!

Brief

This is a trial to test the usability of the Discourse forum software, and to iron out any issues before we roll out the new Folksy forums to everyone. This trial is open to a small, selected group of Folksy members. However, please remember that this is a public forum and other people will be able to see and read what you are posting.

Objectives & Background info

We are looking for key feedback on functional and usability issues for all of the main tasks that you would usually perform within the forum, including:

• create topic
  • reply to topic
  • post images and links
  • quote/reply to individual users
  • edit/delete topic or reply
  • flag a topic or reply
  • find topics by recency, category,search
  • update profile information

Please have a play over the next few days and use these forums as you normally would. Press all the buttons to see what happens, and don’t worry about breaking anything!

Let us know if things work as expected (or not!).

We’ll discuss any feedback here as we go. If you notice anything odd, please describe in as much detail as possible what the issue is and the steps you went through before seeing the issue.

Feel free to start a new topic in the Meta category for any feedback that doesn’t fit within this general topic. If you would like to leave any feedback privately, please send a PM to @SianFolksy or email community@folksy.co.uk

Timescale of test: 1 week (ish)

At the end of a week we will review your feedback and make any changes.

What will happen next?

Depending on the feedback, we plan to roll out the new forums to everyone in early to mid-April. We will run both forums in parallel for one month before retiring the old forums (forums.folksy.com), which will then be archived to read-only.

1 Like

Well, I’ve worked out how to reply to a topic…that’s a start!

But tried to upload a picture and it says new users can’t - how many posts do we have to do before we can add images?

Hi Sara

Hang on, I’ll promote you all to level 1…

Thank you :slight_smile: Ooh, also just discovered that posts must be at least 20 characters long!

Just discovered all the icons :blush:

Ok, have tried loading an image to see if it works for me…

(editing is good - managed to work out how to fix my typo :smiley: )

1 Like

1 Like

Yay! That worked! However…I just can’t find my way around…I keep going round in circles :stuck_out_tongue:
Think this layout will confuse people until they’ve got the hang of it LOL

I’m just having a quiet mooch around at the minute getting my bearings. I’m using my phone to begin with but then I use it most of the time anyway. It feels like there’s a lot going on in a small space but it’s not cluttered if that makes sense, it’ll just take me a while to get used to it.

Leanne xx

Click on the Folksy logo to get back to the main page. If you then click on ‘Categories’ you might find it a bit more familiar / like the old place :slight_smile:

http://talk.folksy.com/categories

Just trying the photo upload.

Couldn’t get back with the Folksy logo, will try again now.

1 Like

@DandelionsGalle @littleRamstudio Get you with pictures already!

Hi , I’m here too having a little mooch - I’m not very techie so it may take me a while to get to grips :slight_smile:

How do we get out and back to our shop?

click on the folksy logo

Your name is showing to me as Deborah Jones Jew! Just made me smile!

1 Like

Yahoo - loading photos, now stress free :smile:

1 Like

You can’t - you;re stuck here for every (evil cackles!!!)

1 Like

Good spot!

At the moment you need to just type folksy.com back into your browser, but we will be adding a link back into the header before we roll this out to everyone