Welcome to the Discourse forum usability test!

Is it possible to have replies to specific posts appear underneath those posts instead of in time order, which could be a long way after the post being replied to?

1 Like

testing to see if Iā€™m allowed in to play againā€¦

Thanks Joy - Your username is displaying fine on my PC - one line.
I am hoping I will be able to trim mine.
I have been in and played with email preferences - it is quite strange when you get a random email answering a question ,without reference to the question. :smiley_cat:

2 Likes

Thatā€™s a good point Deborah, perhaps the email could include the original post too?

Erm, not sure. How big is the image you are using? I can see two settings which may be related to this (but might not be) - one for max image size, which is 2048 KB, and a max attachment size which is 1024 KB

Iā€™d suggest trying a max image size of 2048 KB
Does that help?

Christine @ciesse thanks xx

No sorry - it doesnā€™t look like we can change that. But Discourse is being updated all the time, so maybe if they get lots of that kind of feedback theyā€™ll add that as an option.

On the front page, what is ā€œTOPā€ for? Mineā€™s empty.

It shows the most popular topics by activity, likes, replies etc. I guess there has to be a certain amount of data/activity before that starts filling up.

Iā€™ve been playing around for a while, replying, editing posts, adding a picture etc and all seems to be working fine. Really looking forward to when this goes live for everyone, such a massive improvement! Bit frustrating when I got locked out yesterday after only 10 posts, but hopefully thatā€™s been sorted.

Iā€™m still finding it a bit of a maze to find my way round, but hopefully that will become easier as I get used to it.

what is the ā€œinvitesā€ icon on the profile for?

and at the top of the forums page, where it says latest and new - I have a number 5 next to new, which presumably means there are 6 new threads. When I click on it, however, I get ā€œthere are no new threadsā€

I wondered that Nifty, maybe when the forum is open to all we can invite others to use it that havenā€™t used it yet?

Iā€™m enjoying using the search facility on these forums, so much better than on the old one.

I suppose itā€™s a general feature rather than a just-for-folksy feature. we shouldnā€™t need to invite people here Iā€™d have thought, but if it was a discourse about some other interest, you might want to invite like-minded people who wouldnā€™t find it otherwise??

Maybe for instance someone introduces themselves as an artist I could ā€˜inviteā€™ them to the art thread?

2 Likes

Iā€™ve just realised we can change the amount/level of notifications we get. I particularly like that the system will let me know if someone mentions my name or replies to me specifically, if I donā€™t notice and acknowledge I feel very rude!

Yes, yet another very useful feature, Iā€™d hate to think Iā€™d ā€˜ignoredā€™ someoneā€™s post if they named me and I didnā€™t notice!

Iā€™m just checking that it all works on my phone. Everything looks fine so far :sunny:

I really like being able to post to the forums properly on my phone.

The only problems I have encountered are that

• I canā€™t see the first 2 lines that I type,

• I canā€™t start a new topic - the button simply wonā€™t work

• if I use the back button I get thrown back to folksy.com

• scrolling doesnā€™t always work while Iā€™m writing a post

I really love the fact that posts get saved automatically, so that when something goes wrong and I get thrown off, I donā€™t lose everything that Iā€™ve written

Iā€™m liking everything so far, itā€™s easy enough to use on my phone although I do have to turn my phone on itā€™s side to use the formatting or add a direct linking photo and the samsung keyboard is a road to hell paved in lego when the phone is sideways but thatā€™s not really the forums fault:)

Itā€™s nice to use on the laptop too, I like the separate preview and editing screens, Iā€™ve a habit of having (quick count) 11 tabs open so itā€™s nice to be able to see that Iā€™ve copied links to the right photo etc before posting it.

Leanne xx

Are pages loading slower today for anyone else? I am having to wait too long for some topics to load.