Welcome to the Discourse forum usability test!

That would be a good idea if everyone did it. It’s a bit of a longer way round. I’m surprised it’s necessary to do it that way.

Nor had I. Thanks :slight_smile:

I’ve changed my website to point to my shop now - I did have it pointing at my blog because I thought there would be an automatic pointer to my shop.

1 Like

I really would like to just be able to do a single click on avatar to get into the shop as we are accustomed to. I currently use that all the time.
Maybe click avatar could = profile, click name underneath avatar could = folksy shop

@SianFolksy is that doable ?

2 Likes

Question that might have been answered earlier but can’t find it now…

@SianFolksy - the green and blue bubbles with numbers in positioned at the top right of the page, what do they denote?
Keep clicking on them to try and work it out but still clueless.

Your wish is my command. I’ve reduced it to 10 for now. If that’s still really annoying, let me know!

3 Likes

me too. I think one is responses on threads and one is personal messages, but I click and click and then end up going to the main page anyway.

Ooh just found new button I’ve not pressed before. Undoubtedly there before but I’ve only just seen it.
The Categories button at the top gives me a whole new view of the forum. I like it. http://talk.folksy.com/categories

Joy :joy:

1 Like

I’ve discovered when there is a number there, if I click on the speech bubble rather than the number it shows me a list of posts. presumably the top ones are the ones the number refers to?

Didn’t think to click on the speech bubble.

Once I’ve done that then the blue bubble disappears completely, must be a reminder for something.

new thing I’ve just found. I keep getting told of the same old same old unread threads. there’s a reason I haven’t read those ones, I don’t want to! But I’ve just noticed a button down on the right hand side saying “dismiss unread” so I won’t get told any more yay.
if you click on “new” you can also “dismiss new” if those are not of interest.

presumably it just means the current new or unread, so I’ll still be able to decide on future new/unread

2 Likes

Really liking the preview box when typing a thread, it’s great to be able to edit before posting. Goes some way to - almost - stopping all those whopping spelling mistakes from going public :blush:

When I click on the speech bubble I get a drop down list of posts, each one starts with either a heart or arrow and another user’s name to let me know they’ve either liked or replied to one of my posts. It’s dead handy, I’ve been using it loads to keep a check on replies.

Just dipped my toes in the new forum.

Seems quite easy to use and find your way around.

I like the easier way to post a picture link and found it quite easy to change my Avatar and preferences etc.

So far, so good!

Shirley

As there is no easy way (yet ?) to get to your shop from here, I’ve found it’s a good idea to put a link to your shop in your profile. xx

Thanks Joy.

1 Like

I am just wondering why my User name does not have the letter “s” on the end of it?

Shirley x

I think there’s a limit to the length, so it’s truncating it - it could be worse, at least it still makes sense :smile:

1 Like

Think they get truncated - see @DeborahJonesJew xx

Yes I queried this too, and Sian said they would look into it. I hope it can be fixed. I don’t like being Karenscraftybit :cry: I miss the ‘z’ at the end :confused: