How many businesses do you run?

For my day job I’m a lawyer (employed though thankfully - and only part time hours). I’m also a distance learning tutor, which I love, and I’m company secretary, admin and accounts for my husband’s plastering business. I sometimes get up at half five just to do marking before going to court!

I have two which are both about a year old but because I am juggling being a stay at home mum too, it means very little gets done! One of them is with a partner, and the business isn’t on folksy, and despite having two of us designing and making, we have no sales as we are not putting any efforts in networking it. It does show the importance of networking and being seen. Balancing - what’s that??!

2 Likes

Wow Ali!! You are a busy lady. Getting up at 5:30, surely that’s illegal? :grin:
I think it’s a great tip though, allowing for more hours in a day to do jobs, and potentially relaxing too? :relaxed:

It should be - in fact it’s sheer desperation around exam time because I want my students to get their mocks back as soon as possible. I can’t do academic stuff in the evening because my brain doesn’t work properly after tea time!

2 Likes

I know that feeling too well - all my important thinking stuff is done before midday - by the day’s end I’m in production line mode…

2 Likes