Product photography crits - put your product shots up for review!

I’ve changed my photos so many times in the last few months because I wanted an overall shop theme to reflect Mulberry Green - the village in my story books where my little rag doll characters live. I have a lot of items and I have redone all of the pictures 3 or 4 times now, which has taken me days of hard work. I feel happy with the final ones, using the map of the village as a background, the theme that is also reflected in my banner. I know that often people say that borders on photos aren’t good but I wanted to create an overall background theme for my shop. When I paste on social media, I usually strip the photos back, as in the second picture. They look good as individual photos on Instagram but I’ve tried using these stripped back photos in my shop but it makes my shop look unfriendly for my target market - parents and grandparents of small children and doll collectors who are very much into my stories and the whole theme of Mulberry Green. Do you think I’ve got the balance right?

2 Likes

I think the whole concept is lovely and the photos very appealing to the target audience. Good call on the social media photos it would be really easy to appear over-fussy on Instagram & facebook but the Folksy page is just right as images are harmonious and create a fun and child friendly ambience. All your hard work has really paid off!

Oh thank you so much for that - I felt happy with it after changing it several times but sometimes it’s hard to judge yourself - thank you so much for the the affirmation- much appreciated :slightly_smiling_face:x

1 Like

I think you’ve nailed it with the coat but the dress is too busy for that background.

Thank you - I totally agree with you but I wanted my shop to look uniform and have something to do with the theme of my stories. I’ll have another think. :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi there,
Please can you give any tips on improving my photo for my drawing.

1 Like

Hi,

I am happy to get some constructive feedback on my photographs, listing and shop in general.

Thanks

R

Sorry for this late reply Craftaholic. It’s a good clear photo but perhaps warmer colour background with a little bit of contrast would help as picture frame and background are all similar colours. I do use photo shop or an editing ap. to brighten up my images and make them look a little warmer and more appealing. Pictures are difficult to photograph well so I would show a close up of the subject (i.e. just the flower head and leaves) and one of the framed picture with not much background at all. Hope this helps.