Use of @followers - irritating or helpful?

Ooh yes, FB do seem to be pushing pages “they think you would like”. over things you have interacted with. I tend to scroll past on my personal account but block on my business account if they don’t suit my target audience. But I think I may have messed up the algorthim - I was browsing as The Old Button last night, and some of the stuff that came up was surreal. I have no idea how they thought I would be interested in a book about military humour - especially as the jist of the plot was how “they used pick handles to scare off terrorists before the police arrived”. The mind boggles!

4 Likes

You can turn them off and I have done so for my Riverfall FB page (don’t seem to get them on my personal page). Go into Settings, Notifications, Tags and look for Batch Mentions. Click on the little blue button and it should go grey.

I’ve not had any since I did that but I still get the usual updates & stuff. Just not the annoying Followers ones.

8 Likes

I am finding this too. It seems it happened in one particular group that turned out to be cloned.
So I thought it was Fused Glass. But it had dropped the . (I know how stupid) but it was now a marketing group for selling jackets they thought we would buy. Also all posts were someone elses.

1 Like

Just done it - Thank you!

1 Like

Just did it as well. It’s doing my heading now, so I hope this works or I’ll be showing the way out to quite a few :rofl:

1 Like

I did it and it works :clap::clap::clap::clap: my life if transformed!

2 Likes

Eee by gum! I do like someone who knows what they are talking about :smiley:

I’ve done it too :grin:

I totally agree. Some pages are using it daily and it is beginning to annoy me as I am getting more notifications. I admit I have now stopped following some pages that do this… so I don’t think it is a very good idea for them.

2 Likes