The day I see

…just one of my pieces of glass listed in the Foksy favourites, I will fall off my chair in shock.

I often have a browse, just to see what’s there and also to wonder, if just for once, one of the many pieces I make might have appealed to Folksy (as it does, very often, seem to to my customers) but as usual today zilch.
I just went right through all 23 pages which is about 1350 listings and not a single piece of mine.
In fact not a lot of glass about though one small glass shop had a rather unfair 4 chosen.
Good thing my customers like them is all I can say.

I know it’s really silly, because I have no problem selling my glass but I just feel a teeny weeny bit hurt :frowning: :frowning:

PS: I think I did once spot a piece of mine but to be honest it was not in any way a favourite design of mine and not one I would have repeated. Good thing we all have different tastes I suppose :smile:

4 Likes

Ah that’s a bit rubbish…I haven’t been in Folksy for long so not sure what you can do…maybe speak to admin? At least though you have a customer base :smiley:

Never mind, Joy - you always appear on my front page because you’re one of my favourite shops!:blush:

Thanks, can’t do anything. I have jokingly mentioned it to admin but they assure me they like my stuff. I’m not seriously or even otherwise put out which is why this is only under fancy a cuppa. Just wondered if others notice what#s in the favourite display or don’t bother with it.

Ah that’s so nice. Thank you xxxxxx

I can’t understand why you are not on the Folksy Favourites or their Gift Guides Joy - they cannot blame the photography because yours is always spot on.

Hi @JOYSofGLASS know what you mean very rare for my items to be on the front page or included in shopping guides. It does get disheartening never to see your own product on the front page have given up looking. It would be nice to know then at least I can see it for 5 minutes.

I’ve just checked out your shop and your stuff is gorgeous! I’ve favourited your shop and loved a few of your items. I’m amazed you don’t feature in Folksy Favourites as, not only are your items lovely, but they are really well photographed as well.

1 Like

Joy, just spotted one of your items in Trends Pastel Gift Guide.

I do have things in the gift guides. Just never in the favourites. :smile:

Thank you Helen. I am aware that my style of photos is not quite in keeping with the favoured look for the front page - which tends to pale / white. But can’t do pale with a rainbow !

1 Like

Have a pin on me, not the same I know but…

1 Like

I wouldn’t know where to find the folksy favourite finds but I do spot you on the front page normally because someone else has either been buying or favouriting your items so I reckon that’s better!
Sasha

3 Likes

I’m the same…occasionally I go through the Favourites and I’m never there…
Only time I have seen anything of mine on the front page is when ‘being bought now’ but on both occasions the item didn’t actually sell :disappointed_relieved:

x

1 Like

Kim, Your cat bookmark that I bought from you has been in the Gift for Bookworms gift guide for ages :smile: x

I don’t think I’ve ever made it in there either, just have to hold onto a belief that getting featured in there wouldn’t get me any more exposure

Just had a look through. The section could do with a bit of a clear out of the sold items

I’m another in the ‘not a Folksy Favourite’ club LOL! I don’t even bother looking at the front page, gift guides or weekly emails any more - it just leads to disappointment. Our buyers love us, though, eh Joy?

Oh, and dare I mention the words ‘rainbow bunnies’…?

1 Like

Ah. I got mixed up with the Gift Guides. I didn’t even realise that there was a bit that had all of the Folksy favourites on as i’m usually logged on the whole time.
I logged off and it was all on the front page.
Never noticed it before.

2 Likes

Oh thank you Helen…I know it was in there for a while, but I didn’t spot it last time I looked. At least I have one somewhere, even if it’s not a ‘favourite’!..
I love colour so I think my items are too colourful for that section too @JOYSofGLASS

x

1 Like